Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What Is This Nonsense?

Welcome all, to Goth-Sanity! This little slice of weirdness will be my adventures trying to play an ISBI (I'm Surrounded by Idiots) challenge. If you're unfamiliar with the rules, a quick google search should help you out for an in-depth look. The quick and skinny of it is this; it's a ten generation challenge where you're only allowed to control one sim (the 'Torch Holder' ) and everyone else in the household must live on complete autonomy. For someone like me--who tends to micro-manage every last minute of every day for every sim--this challenge should prove quite . . . interesting. 

You also keep score, and that is done as follows ;

  • Self Wetting : -5
  • Passing Out : -5
  • Failing School : -5
  • Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters : -5
  • Accidental Deaths : -10
  • Social Worker Visit : -15

  • Every Birth : +5
  • Twins : +10
  • Triplets : +15
  • Fulfilling LTWs : +10 
  • NTH Spouse Reaching Top of Career : +5
  • Every Honor Roll : +5
  • Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : +10
  • Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation : +10
  • Every 100,000 simoleons earned : +20
  • Painting of Torch Holder : +5

I've also developed some of my own rules as I've gone along that aren't necessarily part of the vanilla challenge :

I won't be using the 'every TH has to have the Insane trait' rule. If they get it, great. If not, oh wells.

I allow myself to change tones while sims are at work/school. Whether or not they actually attend or leave early is up to the sims themselves however.

I lock in wishes for all sims, but actually completing them is up to the sims themselves.

Free Actions

  • Every sim in the household has one free action per age category.
  • I will allow myself to choose "Go to Sleep" on every sim to assign specific beds to specific sims. This can only be done once. After that, they're on their own.
  • I will allow myself to quit job/retire on any sim I don't want working, and I will allow myself to assign sims to specific careers as needed.
  • I will allow myself to "Change Into..." out of sleepwear, because I get tired of seeing them in their underwear/jammies ALL DAY. 
  • If a child sim que's up to 'Ask for Bedtime Story,' I will cancel that action and send them to bed manually. I consider this to be bad coding, but I don't feel like downloading a mod just to stop it.

For this particular ISBI, I will be using the venerated Goth family. I want Mortimer to be my first Torch Holder though, so the first few chapters will be a prequel of sorts as Morty grows up from a child to Y.A. 

Still here? Still interested? Then by all means, sit down, strap in, get comfy and continue on to Chapter 0.1 of this bogus journey . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment