Friday, June 22, 2012

1.2 Out With The Old

Welcome back all to this, the second chapter of generation one in this ISBI challenge. We start up right were we left off. Bella here is famished after her 'fun time' with her new husband out in the tree house, so she goes right for Cornelia's pancakes.


Meanwhile we get another ectoplasmic visitor, Prudence. She doesn't do a whole lot either. I think the new lot might be lagging them up a bit, sadly.


Gunther - Pancakes? Did someone say pancakes? I'm famished.


He IS famished, as well as about to pass out and super lonely, I think, to go along with that. As illustrated here by his very red plumbob. I'm such a micromanaging simmer that I don't see these very often. Makes me nervous. XD


Meanwhile I'm happy to report that Bella successfully found her own bed all on her own. Yay!


Gunther - I think I'll just take a nap, now.

Why nap?! You have the day off, GO TO SLEEP!

-_-


Bella is awoken a few hours later. Whyever would she do that, you ask?


Looks like somebody has an upset tummy . . . ^_~



Unfortunately she ran across the hall into the spare bathroom that has the currently-nasty toilet to get sick in. Blech. O_o


Bella - I just threw up but I don't care, because EEE married!

She really is quite an adorable sim to watch.


Gunther - That was a refreshing nap!

Yah, and you're still exhausted. -_-


Gunther - Guess I'll just go to sleep then.

Wha . . .what?! You make no sense! URG!


Elsewhere in the house . . . I used Bella's free Young Adult action to eat a watermelon. Wondering why? Fans of Sims 2 will know . . . keep your fingers crossed! :D


Unfortunately it didn't sit too well with her sensitive stomach. D:


Mortimer meanwhile is off to the Science facility to officially get started on his LTW. Test Subject, here we come!

 
Once that's done, Mortimer comes back home and gets to work on his garden, version 2.0. We lost the original with the house replacement, unfortunately. Still, he's able to plant the Nice Quality produce he's got rather than normal quality, so it's progress.


One thing that DID make the move is the ginormous space rock that Rufus dug up a while back. I'm hoping it becomes an heirloom that passes down through the generations.


These are all the gems that are waiting to be cut, by the way. And right now my graphics are glitching and showing them all as blue flourites, but they're actually pink diamonds, soulpeaces and rainbow gems. Rufus is definitely the bread-winner of this house.


Still waiting on the baby bump, Bella spends her spare time watching some TV in the kid's room.


Curly Maid - Why is she doing my job?

It's just a Cornelia thing, I'm afraid. You'll get used to it.


Once the planting is done, Mortimer continues to read about gardening techniques on his Multitab.

Side note - Look at the cute hedge sculptures!! CK213 did such a good job landscaping and decorating this lot. *thumbs up*


Mortimer - Yay I'm marrie--- . . . Rufus, did you just pee on my shoes?

Rufus - *kicks dirt* I have no idea what you're talking about.


He was getting grungy again, so Mortimer took him upstairs and put him in the tub for a much-needed bath.


I had been saving Cornelia's free Elder action, planning on having her try to finish Mortimer's portrait for points once he hit Young Adult. Then I realized she's only skill level 6, and you need 7 for portraits. Oh well. I told her to paint anyway, maybe now that I reminded her where the easel is she'll do it on her own.


Or not . . . I'm really glad she couldn't do portraits yet, or this would have made me angrier than it already did.

Cornelia - Already? But I'm not that old!

I knowwwww! She's just barely 90 days old. Meanwhile her annoying husband is 93 and counting. I really thought (was hoping) that Gunther would kick it first.


I'm see through now . . . trippy.

I think it's around this time that I lowered the graphics settings on the computer, hoping it would improve the game's performance. I looooove this lot, but it's sooooooooooo laggy it's not even funny.


Gunther arrived on the scene first.

Gunther - Aw man, she's dead? Now who's gonna cook dinner, I'm starving!

-_- Way to show your true colors, ass.


Bella was next.

Bella - Aww, Morty's mama is dead? How sad! 

They didn't really know each other all that well, so I'll forgive her somewhat lackluster reaction. But YOU, you sorry excuse of a husband . . .

Gunther - I'm sad! Look! See?! I'm crying!

Because your pancake maker is leaving. -_-


Grim decided to appear on the complete opposite side of the room.

Grim - This is my scythe. There are many like it, but this one is mine . . . .


Gunther - Booohoohooooooo!

Not buying it. >:[

Bella - This makes me so sad.

You might be wondering where Mortimer is . . . he was starving and about to pee himself sooooo I canceled his Mourne action. *sheepish*


See what I mean? Family to the left, Grim to the right separated by the stairs and a couple of walls. While her urn materializes way back here in the back. Worst spot to die, ever.


Grim eventually made his way over, and Cornelia depressed me even more by trying to beg for her life.


In vain, it turns out. Cornelia's gravestone is moved outside with her parents. RIP Cornelia. 90 days old, she didn't come anywhere near fulfilling her LTW and was constantly Stir Crazy from never leaving the lot. You were a pretty amusing sim, especially with your deep frier obsession. You will be missed.


Mortimer - Are you serious right now?! My MOTHER just died and you made me eat a plate of pancakes! Pancakes that SHE made, I might add!

Needs come first! We're playing for points now, you'll remember. Besides, I'll just say that you ate those pancakes in her memory. Yah. That works. *shifty eyes*


Soooo now everybody has the 2 day Mourning/Broken Hearted moodlet. Which means everybody's pretty much miserable now. See that plumbob? MISERABLY red.


Bella - Oh hey, look! Baby!

Aha! So THAT'S why she wasn't reacting much to Cornelia's death. That makes sense now. And . . . you just HAD to transition into THAT CC sleepwear, didn't you. -_-


Now that she's not waiting to pop, Bella was able to join in everyone else mourning Cornelia's passing.

Bella - Oh! My dearly departed mother-in-law! I barely knew you, and that makes me SO SAD!


Bella - The tears! They just keep coming!


I could only stand that thong for so long before I had to change it. I know this set isn't all that much better, but I didn't feel like putting her in the usual sack-dress and at least it's not a thong.


The next day Mortimer waits for his carpool after having tended his garden. I had to make his work outfit, since his got borked up with the career outfits glitch. I think it's pretty cute.

Mortimer - You didn't even let me say goodbye . . .

STOP MAKING ME FEEL GUILT!!! D:


Even poor Rufus was heartbroken. It was so sad listening to him howl his grief. :(


Gunther - I can't believe my wife is DEEEAAAADDD!!

Yah . . . I notice you're screaming about it instead of crying like everyone else. Very telling, I think. >_<


Then he broke the toilet. That didn't help his mood any, either.

Gunther - I HATE LIIIIIIFIE!


 Oh no no no! Bella! Go to bed! You know where your bed is, you found it just fine last night!


Except no. D: !! Our first official fail! -5 for passing out. And it's even sadder since she's pregnant right now.


And again!! She woke up long enough to go pee (that puddle back there is from the broken toilet backing up when she did) and then she passed out again! -5 !!! All of a sudden she can't find the bed? Does the mourning moodlet just make them not give a crap about their needs or something?


After she woke up and STILL refused to go to bed, I broke down and bought her a sleeping bag. Thankfully she used it, avoiding a third fail. D:


Well that didn't take long to get into the negatives, did it! So sad days have come to Goth Manor, but let's not forget that we have a baby on the way. Join us next time to see how that turns out!


:: SCORECARD ::


Self Wetting : 
Passing Out : -10
Failing School : 
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters : 
Accidental Deaths : 
Social Worker Visit : 

Every Birth :
Twins : 
Triplets : 
Fulfilling LTWs :
Every Honor Roll :
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : 
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation : 
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : 
Painting of Torch Holder : 




TOTAL = -10




PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

2 comments:

  1. XD Ahahahaha... God dammit Bella... That was actually quite hilarious!!

    Buh-Byee Cornelia, your deep fryer moment was also hilarious!!

    o.O I honestly don't know how you can just let them do their own stuff? >.< I can't do that 'cause I like to control everything... EVERYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed!

      Yeah, the letting them do their own thing is a new experience for me, usually I play like you do -- manage EVERYTHING. It's a test in patience, I will say that, lol. But it's also neat, because I'm seeing a lot of idle animations I don't always get to see because my simmies are usually such productive, busy little bees. ^_^

      Delete