Wednesday, June 20, 2012

0.6 Making Memories

Welcome back again to another episode of Goth-Sanity! We open today with Mortimer starting his little hobby garden. Just what seeds he got from learning the first level of gardening. I think I sent him to the class, but I neglected to take screens of it. <--lazy simmer


Inside we have a rare case of one of the parents paying attention to Rufus. They rarely do unless he initiates it. He's such a cute puppy. ^_^


See Gunther? That's how you make waffles. -_- She might not clean worth a darn but Cornelia's definitely the best cook in the house. She hasn't burnt anything since the tofu hot-dog incident.


Later that day Cornelia and Gunther met in the bathroom (of all places) and shared an amorous hug. Gunther rolled the wish to Woo-hoo . . . this outta be interesting . . . .


Cornelia - What?! Ew! What kind of woman do you take me for?!

Gunther - Uh . . . my wife? D:


Cornelia - Well in that case, the garbage needs to be taken out, husband. (She really did 'Ask to Take Out the Garbage,' lol)


Gunther - FML.

Poor guy. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.


Since Cornelia spends almost all of her time home alone (and even when her husband's home, half the time she rejects him as seen above), her social is usually pretty low. I put one of the laptops in her inventory in the hopes that she might wise-up and use it to chat with someone. She FINALLY did so sometime during the third or forth sim week I played this household.

Cornelia - Hmm, let's see what this newfangled interwebs thing is all about . . .


Lookit! Praise be! It's another miracle. Lightning has struck twice, ladies and gentlemen.

Gunther - Stoopid *snore* frying pans *snuffle* burning my food . . .


Cornelia - I really need to pee . . . I wish I knew where to go to do that.

*facepalm*


And here's the explanation about the glitch I mentioned last chapter. For some reason every time Mortimer went to school it listed him as 'on a field trip' even though he wasn't. So his grades never improved, and it wouldn't let him attend his afterschool activity. He also had that annoying 'I'm gonna run EVERYwhere, weee!' glitch. So to fix both, I moved the Goths into the clipboard briefly, then transplanted them right back into their house.

Mortimer - You mean I can improve again?

Yep.


Mortimer headed off to school and Gunther off to work. Cornelia . . . stood there next to the mailbox for hours. Doing nothing. I went ahead and bought her a cane because she rolled a wish for one and I think it suits her.

Cornelia - One wrong move, Postal Sim, and the back of your head is gonna meet the business end of this here cane.

Mail Man -Say, what?!


And then for another shocker, Cornelia decides to autonomously play with Rufus. Now that she doesn't NEED the social. -_-


Aww, what's with the face, Morty?

Mortimer - Bella said she was too busy to come over.

That's because she has a part-time job, Romeo, not because she doesn't love you anymore. Don't worry, she'll come over later. Sheesh, teenagers. XD


Cornelia is taking another crack at those tofu hotdogs that defeated her before.


And success!


Gunther was also starving, so he came outside to grab a plate. Notice that he goes all the way over to the other table to eat it rather than sit with Cornelia. I think his feelings is still hurtz. :(


Aaaand we're back to another episode of creepy-crasher neighbors. This time the culprit is Christopher Steel. He starts as the others did, helping himself to the fishing pond.


He took the insult one step further by following that up by playing in Mortimer's sprinkler.


And then the inevitable.

Christopher - Hey! I gotta peeeeee! Who locked the door!?

I did. Go away. >:[


Hours later . . .

Christopher - OMG I'M NOT KIDDING I GOTTA TAKE A MAJOR LEAK!!1!!11!!!

Cornelia - Mortimer, one of your little friends is here.

He's not a friend. -_-


Unlike the others, Christopher here refused to give up. He peed on himself and kept stomping around for half the day, went all the way to the balcony over the garage and promptly passed out. I finally took pity on the pathetic soul and reset him.


I bought Mortimer one of the Multitabs. Unfortunately I still can't get the Tabcasts to work, but he can do his homework on it as well as buy and read the skill books he needs. At the moment he's brushing up on his gardening I believe, trying to get up to 3 so he can fertilize.


Later that night . . .

See? I told you she'd be by later.


Mortimer was very happy to see her, as you can see. ^_~


He had the wish to watch the stars with her, which is one of my favorite interactions so I allowed it.


They make a very, very cute couple. Destined indeed.


OH NOES!!!

Cornelia finally commits the very first fail of this blog! Luckily we're still in the prologue, so I'm not actually keeping points yet. But if I was, this would be a -5!

Also, that FACE! *dies laughing*


Now that it's the weekend, Mortimer has time to pay more attention to poor Rufus here. Some tummy rubs to make up for the inattention of late.


The main goal was to teach Rufus the first point of the hunting skill, however. Sniffing for collectables will give him something to do with his days. Plus the extra simoleons never hurt.


Mortimer spends the rest of his evening developing his fishing skill, the last of the trio required for the science career. Plus fish make excellent fertilizer for his little garden.


Mortimer - What, this is it? Laaaaame.

We all have to start somewhere, Morty. From small things comes great power.


Now that Cornelia's discovered chat rooms and forums, the laptop has become a new favorite.

Cornelia - Yay, Supernatural! Occult sims right from CAS! I am excite!!! (PS, I am too, ^_~ )


 Gunther's back at the trying to cook thing. He managed not to burn them this time, at least, but as you can see he dropped one of the hot dogs on the ground and then TOTALLY picked it up and put it back on the grill. Gross. XD


Prudence came out to visit a few nights later.


She had herself a rousing game of chess.


And then Gretel made her second appearance. I see her the least out of all the ghosts so far.


Mortimer found himself a nice scenic spot to continue brushing up those skill points.


Meanwhile Rufus has been hard at work sniffing out those gems, ore and rocks! (and the feathers, leaves and empty chip bags). At one point he ventured all the way out to the public graveyard.


Where I noticed this . . . . I dunno if it's cheating or not, but it was just SITTING there. All ready to be harvested! I couldn't resist. I'll just have to remember to pull it out of his inventory when he hits elder stage.



That evening, it was time for Sunset High's Senior Prom! Mortimer looks very dapper in his tux. And is that a little bit of nerves I see?

Mortimer - Are you sure Bella's coming? The limo's almost here.


Actually she was already here, standing on the porch waiting (in vain) for someone to let her inside.


Cornelia - She stood there for a good twenty minutes, teehee!

Gunther - Lol!

Not cool, guys. XD


I'm happy to report that Mortimer and Bella had a very nice prom. Morty didn't win any awards, ( :( ), but he had nothing but good romantic social popups so I consider it a success. Also, best. prom. picture. ever.

EVER.


Woooow! Look at what Rufus found! He had a slow start with three or four useless items, and then he digs up a PINK DIAMOND. XD Way to go, pooch!


Just Gunther and Cornelia chit-chatting. I think I mainly took this picture to show the fact that the grill is still smoking even though it's been 2 days since it was used. Glitch, ftw.


Gunther got absolutely no sleep the night before and now he's two hours from having to go to work. Desperate, I plopped down a coffee machine hoping he would take the bait and that it would help him make it through the work day. Goal one achieved, at least.


Gunther managed to get through the day, but the fail came despite all my hard work otherwise. You'll also notice WHERE he is when he passed out. He was actually in bed, about to fall asleep when he cancelled the action to get up and pass out on the floor. -_- Yet again, if we were keeping score right now that would be another -5. We'd be at a total of -10.

I'm sure this is just what we can expect once the challenge starts in earnest.


That's it for this round. I think there will be one or two more chapters of this prologue, and then we'll finally be able to officially kick things off. Are you excited? Cause I'm excited. ^_^ Until then, happy simming!


PREVIOUS                                                                             NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment