Tuesday, June 12, 2012

0.2 Oh My Ghost!

Cornelia - You know my son, Mortimer? You should find him at school and become his bestie. He's destined for great things, my son. Terrible things . . . but great . . .

Paper Boy - I just deliver the newspaper, lady . . . .

Cornelia, kindly stop freaking out the neighborhood children, if you please.


Welcome back to the second installment of our trial-run prologue. We're well into our second day here in beautiful Sunset Valley, with no major mishaps to report. I'm sure that'll change eventually, this is an ISBI we're running after all.


Mortimer here just got off from school, but this definitely isn't his house . . . .




Lo and behold, Bella invited him over his very first day. I took it as a sign from the Simming Gods, they're Mort-ella fans too it would seem. Unfortunately when he went inside, little Bella was no where to be found . . . maybe she hasn't come home yet? Morty went into the dining room to get started on his homework, while Simis Bachelor (Bella's dad) got in some quality game time.




Back at the mansion, Gunther arrives home from his day at work. He is, of course, starving and about to pass out, but at least he takes care of the starving part fairly quickly. 

Gunther - I'm so glad this isn't the mac'n'cheese I made.

Yah, I threw that out right after you made it. No one should be forced to eat that.

Gunther - But I did . . .

And now you know why. And knowing is half the battle . . . Go Joe. 


The passing out part . . . not so much.

Gunther - Sooo sleeeppyyyy . . . 

THEN GO TO BED OMG!

He finally did, thank goodness. But not before I went ahead and gave him and Cornelia each a sleeping bag for just-in-case-ies.




Back at the Bachelor household, Bella finally turned up and sat down to do her homework with Morty.

Bella - You're my best friend in the whole world, Morty. Best Friends Forever!

Simis - And that better be all it is, mister, or you and me are gonna have a chit-chat . . . .


Mortimer - I'm six. I think her virtue is safe. For a while at least.


Simis - What was that?!


Mortimer - Nothing?




After homework, they migrated upstairs to build friendships as only kids can.




They had some whalloping good fun for an hour or so, until Mortimer's grumpy trait had him getting his knickers in a twist and ending the game on a sour note. I had him compliment her home on his way out so their relationship didn't suffer. Way to take it like a girl, Morty. >_<




Cornelia doesn't have a job, I suppose Gunther's job in the business career and his family money take care of things well enough. Her lifetime wish is to have a perfect garden, which is SO not happening on autonomy. She ignores her pre-made painting skill and does a lot of reading around the house. And occasionally she cleans stuff, that's the neat trait coming out I suppose.



She also put that sleeping bag I gave her to good use. In the kitchen no less. Yay for not passing out at least?




That night, I espy this cutie stray strolling through the yard. A grey Airedale terrier . . . I had to have him for my own! Well . . . for Mortimer's own, I suppose.




His name is Rufus. As a stray he has no traits at this point, like a white canvas just waiting to be painted upon. Also, I consider pets to be slightly outside the rules so I'll control him if/when I have to. Also why I feel no guilt for MCing him into the family. I mean, just look at that face!




Rufus proves that he's made of win by carrying on a tradition set down by Halloween Skipton.




I have decided that Mortimer and Rufus will be the best of besties. Every young boy needs a faithful canine companion, after all.


  
Cornelia - Uggggh . . .

Yes, well that's what happens when you sleep on the kitchen floor instead of your own bed. :/

 
One of the interesting things about Goth Manor is that it comes with it's own ghosts, in the form of Cornelia and Gunther's parents, as well as the mysterious Lolita Goth who I am going to say is Gunther's first untimely-deceased wife. They certainly weren't shy in making their appearances either. This one is *checks Sims Wiki* Prudence Crumplebottom, Cornelia's mom.




Prudence was pretty tame as far as hauntings go. She spent all of her time upstairs with a good book




Here's Cornelia again . . . in her skully plaid mumu and an impressively huge cloud of stink. Wow, I thought you had the neat trait?

Cornelia - Why do you think my face is frozen in abject horror right now?

Well then, by all means. Go bathe! Silly sims . . . .




Then Gunther broke the toilet downstairs . . . nice going, buddy! Neither one of them would fix it, and I doubt if they can call a repairman autonomously. Mortimer can't as a child. I let it stand for a day or two before I got tired of watching them use it anyway and overflowing everywhere andI finally just replaced it. They've got the income to spare. 

This might also be a good place to mention that, while the Goths started out with 45,000ish simoleons, that will not count toward the 100,000 earned points, obviously. Nor will I use it to buy businesses to garner more income, etc. It's mainly staying there so I can keep up the payments on this ginormous mausoleum they call a house.




Rufus . . . being adorable. You're doing it right.




Despite having plenty of mac'n'cheese still, Cornelia decides to go outside and attempt to make tofu hotdogs on the grill. With no cooking skill, it ends about as well as one might expect . . .




Cornelia - They're ruined. >:


Just be glad you didn't actually set anything on fire. It wasn't exactly clear from that animation. O_o




Remember the Lolita Goth that I mentioned? She decided to visit at one point as well. A young adult who died of electrocution, but doesn't appear on anyone's family tree. Apparently her actual origins are somewhat of a mystery, but I'm going with the explanation that she was Gunther's first wife who died tragically young. It explains why Gunther and Cornelia are so old with a young child. They're only days away from becoming elders at this point, and Mortimer isn't even a teen yet.




Gunther decides to join his wife in sleeping on the floor instead of a bed . . . something tells me these sleeping bags might have been a miscalculation on my part . . .




Cornelia was sleeping in front of the stairs, but as soon as Lolita floated by she had to get up and voice her distaste.


Cornelia - Ghost, ew!


O_o?




Cornelia - Oh, my back! D:


Don't even try it, you get no sympathy from me.




Meanwhile Lolita went upstairs and got to work on her reading, too. Apparently literature in the afterlife leaves a lot to be desired.


Another of the ghosts wasn't going to be so tame in his haunt. The dining room table gets some serious air-time.


Who was behind it, you ask? Apparently Gunther's deceased daddy, Victor. Who is rocking a 'stache to end all 'staches.




And look! Apparently this is the Night of Hauntings, because Cornelia's father Simon Crumplebottom also put in an appearance. All at once. I'm so glad I'm running on my husband's new computer. My computer would fry itself trying to animate 3 ghosts at once on a 64x64 lot.




So now that Cornelia's been woken up off the floor by ghosts, but still sleepy, will she actually go find a bed?


Haha, nope! Instead she goes all the way up to the teeny-tiny attic and busts out the bag again. -_-




Victor had enough of haunting the table after a while, and instead whipped a laptop out of his (butt) magic pocket and sat down to some serious skateboarding games.




Lolita took a nap on one of the beds. Might as well, since the doofy sims in this house won't use them. XD




And Simon enjoyed a brisk dip in the pool, as his previous thought-bubble hinted at a few screenshots ago. A sim with a one-track mind, that one. Also the fact that you can't see his body below the waterline . . . freaky.




After his swim, he went into the dining room, took one look at Victor and promptly passed out. Safe to say he's got the coward trait then, lol.




And finally, grampa Crumplebottom rounds out his night by rudely waking Mortimer up by turning on the stereo before poofing back into the netherworld.


Mortimer - Ugh! Old ghost man in hot pants! Gross!


Yah, I don't blame you, kid. I wouldn't want to wake up to that either.




And we come to the end of another episode of Goth-Sanity. I hope you enjoyed, and be sure to join us next time.









:: SCORECARD :: (Nothing yet, just get used to seeing it ^_^ )


Self Wetting : 
Passing Out : 
Failing School : 
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters : 
Accidental Deaths : 
Social Worker Visit : 

Every Birth :
Twins : 
Triplets : 
Fulfilling LTWs :
Every Honor Roll :
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : 
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation : 
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : 
Painting of Torch Holder : 



PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

4 comments:

  1. Lol! So cute! I think I'll start an ISBI once I finish my FFC. :) Oh, and about Lolita:
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lolita_Goth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! ISBI's are very interesting, and quite fun I must admit. And yah, I checked out her Wiki the first time she appeared, lol. That's where I got the theory that she might be Gunther's first wife. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing a non published isbi when I get bored with the mutants and stumps. I may start publishing one anyway haha.

    Thats a good idea with the sleeping bags, I'm gonna have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I always say I'm not gonna publish my 'just for fun' games . . . and then the next thing I know I have 4 of them running at once. >_< I have to admit the sleeping bags are quite handy in an ISBI. It almost feels like cheating . . . but not really. XD

      Delete