Wednesday, June 20, 2012

0.7 Accepting the Torch

This is it, the final chapter of the prologue! After this we will be in official ISBI mode, where all fails will count toward our score-card total. It's exciting, and scary all at the same time.

Cornelia - Sweet, oily fattening goodness . . .

Uh, wat?

I installed a deep fryer in the house, just to play around with it. This would prove to be a major mistake, as I have seen in so many other legacy blogs lately. ISBIs especially. Sims cannot be trusted to use the deep fryer responsibly on autonomy. They are fried-food-fanatics apparently. XD


Cornelia - Sweet, sweet praises to the Watcher above for this most delicious of fatty food makers! 

See what I mean? It's not healthy. XD


She fried herself some chicken, then promptly got the Indigestion moodlet, lol. "When the food you love doesn't love you back." Poor thing. Also, that face. XD


I think the ghosts are going to be my secondary plot device with this blog, much like the gnomes are in my 100 BC. Here we have Gretel Goth and Lolita Goth, who is cheering about seeing the former dead? I think there's a story to tell there somewhere . . . .


Then Gretel passed out. I dunno if it was from Coward or Dramatic, I'll have to look that up later.


Lolita went down to haunt . . . the deep fryer. Even the ghosts aren't immune to it's oily charms.

Cornelia - *jack-knifes up from a dead sleep* My fryer! Who touched my fryer?!


First thing Gunther does when he wakes up the next morning is fry himself a candybar. I'm all for fattening foods, but that just seems gross to me . . . .


Simon was also haunting that night, and decided to get himself a cup of joe as dawn neared. Gunther and Cornelia didn't appreciate that, though.

Cornelia - Ectoplasm! Icky!

Gunther - Dude, not while I'm eating!


Later that day . . . fried onion rings. Seriously, they don't even try to make anything else anymore. -_-


It was Gunther's day off that day, but being a Workaholic he still put in a full shift's worth of work from his computer.


Not cool, Epic Sideburns Maid. You're losing all the hard earned brownie points those sideburns were earning you.


WATTHEFORKINGAAARRRGGHH!!

I had let my guard down since the Christopher Steel incident and unlocked the doors, and in struts Iqbal Alvi as bold as you please. -_- *fuuuuume*


He mosied his way into the dining room to bug Gunther with inane babble.

Gunther - *sooo tiiiiirrreeedd*


Gunther finally escaped, and when he did, Iqbal went back into the kitchen and committed his fatal mistake.

Don't touch Cornelia's fryer.


Cornelia - Bitch I KNOW you did not just touch my deep frier.

Iqbal  - Well I never!

I forget what social interaction Cornelia actually did to him, but it definitely wasn't friendly. And all the more funny since he'd just got done touching her precious.


Meanwhile Rufus had contracted himself a nasty case of fleas, so Mortimer had to give him a flea bath. I missed him shaking dry, but I got a good shot of Morty's less than enthused reaction.


Cornelia still spends a good chunk of her idle time reading books instead of using any of the easels on the property. :(


Epic Sideburns Maid - No fair, I wanted to wipe down the counter!

Well maybe if you stopped taking jam and toast breaks you'd have beat her to it. -_-


I finally got rid of the deep fryer. It was amusing for a few days, but annoying that they refused to eat ANYthing else if it was there. Might be nice for a regular legacy home where I can direct what they eat and when, but definitely not to be trusted in an ISBI.


That afternoon Mortimer had an awards ceremony at school for his Shop Class participation.


Both Gunther and Cornelia attended. I actually think this is the first time Cornelia has left the lot since I started playing. O_o And then they didn't go home on their own, so I had to call them back with Mortimer's cell. XD


Just Mortimer tending his little garden in the wee hours. I think this is just a shameless excuse to show his cute jammies.


Rufus - Hey! Look what I dug up!

O_O

How is that even physically possible?!


Here's a shot of the trophy Mortimer got from his Shop class. Goes nice next to the Epic Prom Photo.


Mortimer - What?! Why is it broken?! WHY IS IT BROKEN?!?!

It's always amusing to see a Grumpy sim break something. I love watching their little temper fits.


Still, serendipity. You need handiness skill anyway, and there's no chance of accidental death. So get to fixin.


Sideburns Maid . . . you have let me down.


I had Mortimer dispose of his first gen plants and replant the Nice Quality fruit/veggies he'd managed to produce. I know the quality of the produce doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things, but it's a nice test/practice for my DITFT challenge where it DOES matter.


I hope that's not the hotdog your dad dropped on the ground last chapter.

Mortimer - . . . he seriously dropped one of these on the ground? And you've been making me eat them ever since?

What? *poker face*


Rufus has continued to be BAWS at finding collectables. He's getting himself quite the gem collection. I'm holding off on getting them cut until I get some nicer options. So far there's some rainbow gems, pink diamonds and soulstones in the mix, as well as some more common types. He also found a hunk of palladium. Dogs sniffing out collectables is such a good money-maker, I recommend a doggy addition to any struggling legacy founder.


Lolita floated right over Gunther and stopped right as she was standing on a rather sensitive part of his anatomy. There is DEFINITELY a story here that needs to be heard . . . .


Meanwhile Victor and Simon take a dip in the pool together.


At least for a minute, before Simon realizes there's another ghost in the pool with him. He promptly got out and then passed out cold from fright.


And finally, FINALLY the long awaited day had come. You know what these color-coordinated cake tables means. It's time for Mortimer to reach his young adulthood, and for this ISBI to finally get it's official start.


I did my best to invite over most of the kids who'd come to his teen party, just so everyone could see how they're all progressing. The most important guest is also the first to arrive. I still love that outfit I made her. So cute.


Next to arrive is a now Young Adult Kaylynn Langerak. She's actually quite pretty. Pretty enough that I felt she warranted a quick CAS makeover . . .


*snicker-snort*

I couldn't help myself.

Still really pretty though, even dressed up as a maid (Sims 2 reference).


Agnes, Mortimer's aunt, was another early arrival. What she's upset about however I haven't a clue.


The other two are teenaged Sam Sekemoto, and a young adult Michael Bachelor.

Sam - You have such pretty eyes . . .

Micheal - Uh . . . I'm married. O_o

To Holly Alto, actually, which I thought was pretty cute.


Here's the mystery sim of the last party, who I now know to be Miraj Alvi. He starts out as a child I think. He's a young adult now too, and married to Malcolm Landgraab. Talk about your rags to riches love story.


That's Darlene Bunch, joining her brother Arlo in inheriting some of the less fortunate Bunch genetics.


Agnes - You are so close. So close to my SOUL.

Micheal - I'm married. I'M MARRIED!!

Apparently everyone wants a piece of Micheal today.


Sandi French, who didn't grow up as prettily as I'd thought. She's still a teen though, so she might still grow into her features.


And of course, everyone has crowded up onto the porch and now we have a massive traffic jam. I tried for two hours to get Mortimer out of that mess before I finally resorted to the Moveobjects cheat. Which would cause a whole host of other problems, but we'll get to those later.


While I was sorting out the mess on the porch, Lisa Bunch arrives. Heavily pregnant. I believe the father is Xander Clavell of all people. It would be just my luck that she goes into labor during this party.


Hah! Called it. >_< Mortimer hadn't even gotten to the cake yet to blow out the candles.


He did eventually though, which cancelled out most everyone's 'OMG Baby!' reactions.

Miraj - Killer fashion sense, Mike. I approve! *thumbs up*


Lisa - Seriously? Are you effing KIDDING me?! I'm about to give BIRTH over here and they're cheering him blowing out some candles?!

Afraid so. That's a Legacy heir for ya.


Mortimer is excited to reach that next stage of life it seems.


Curly Hair Maid - Seriously, what's WRONG with you people?! There's a woman about to give birth over here!

Everyone Else - Yaaaaaay, go Mortimer! Happy Birthday!!!!


Malcolm Landgraab arrived right in the middle of all this. I really need to give that poor guy a makeover. Chubby or not, a good haircut and the right clothes would do wonders for his appearance.


Ethan Bunch also decided to show up too, though he got stuck up on the porch. I think he and Lisa inherited most of the good genes out of that family. He has a pretty epic pouty-face, at any rate.


Agnes finally managed to get the eff off the porch, and found her sister Cornelia. They both join in (most) everyone else cheering Mortimer into his next life-stage.


Mortimer - Not. A. Word.

*tries to hold it in and fails miserably*

BAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Worst premade transition EVER.


There we go. Much, much better. If you're curious, his shirt says "I'm With Genius" with an arrow pointing up. ^_^


A needless closeup of Kaylynn to show just how pretty she turned out. Seriously, if Bella hadn't worked out I think she would've been my next choice for spouse.


Bella - Pfft, you think that's pretty? Watch this.

She actually tried to escape on me to go to her part-time job, but a quick click on the cake prevented that.


Amidst the wait for Bella to transition, poor Micheal had a potty accident. Good thing you're not in the household, that would've been my first official fail. XD


Wow. O_o

Bella - Told you so.

Since it took almost all day to get those two birthdays done, most of the guests are running off due to dangerously low motives.


I thought I might have Mortimer invite Bella to spend the night like he did during their teen years, in order to eventually ask her to move in. She interrupted that interaction to have her own potty accident.

Bella - Oh no!


Bella - Um, okay, what was it you wanted Morty?

Mortimer - Uh . . . nevermind. Maybe it's just best if you go home. And take a shower.

Bella - Yeeeah . . . .

Cornelia - That's going to be my new daughter-in-law?

Oh get off your high-horse, she isn't the only one who's peed herself, missy. I have the photo-evidence to prove it, too.


Malcolm - . . . you peed yourself?

Cornelia - Oh get outta here, tubby. Party's over.


Indeed it was. Mortimer was unable to get Bella to agree to stay the night before she left, so he heads upstairs to bed instead. Hopefully we'll have better luck tomorrow.


So this is it! Our founder is now officially a Young Adult, ready to carry the first torch of the Goth-Sanity ISBI! Will he secure young Bella for a wife? Will he achieve his dream of a Creature-Robot Cross-breeder? Will his aging parents manage to recreate their previous fails now that it'll actually cost me points?

Find out next time as we begin the first generation of Goth-Sanity!

PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

2 comments:

  1. LOL! So cute! I'm loving how everybody is turning out! Loving Rufus the most though. <3
    Are you moving Morty and Bella onto a empty lot or are you keeping them in the Goth's place? Just curious. ^_^
    Keep those updates comin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm glad! Rufus is BAWS, you'll see why in future updates. I <3 mah puppy, I'm gonna be sooooo sad when he finally passes away. :( As for where Morty and Bella live . . . a little bit of both? All will be revealed in the following chappies, so stay tuned! ^_^

      Delete