Monday, July 16, 2012

2.3 Renovations

It's that Goth-Sanity time once again. Today we'll open up with Jacosta Bachelor, Bella's mom. This is her first haunt. Hai Jacosta!


Unfortunately Jacosta has the cowardly trait, so as soon as she got a gander at her dead husband it was lights out.


The following day was a big day for the Goth Family. As you can see by my half-assed decorative attempt, Wedding Party Time!


And not a moment too soon, either.

Cassandra - Why does my tummy feel so icky?

*whistles innocently*


Cassandra's wedding gown. I think it turned out QUITE pretty, in my own humble opinion.


Cassandra - Uuuuh . . . what am I doing here?

Never change, sweetheart.


Romance was in the air for everyone that day. Luckily they're just playing kissy-face, not attempting to go do the naughty on their daughter's wedding day.


I wanted to keep it a somewhat intimate family thing, so I only invited 3 sims; what was left of Jarrod's family. This is his mother, I think, Blair Wainright. His family tree is very convoluted. >_<


Malcolm Landgraab decided to crash. He's a co-worker and good friend of Cassandra so I allowed it. Nora, Jarrod's niece, is also in attendance.


Sandi French was my other party crasher. You might remember her as the sim that has the unreasoning hatred toward Bella for stealing her spot as the potential spouse of Gen 1? It was so odd that I couldn't resist letting her stay.


The bride and groom take their designated place under the arch.


With most of the guests now in attendance and somewhat in the right place, let's get this thing started shall we?


Wedding montage!





Cass and Jarrod really do make a very cute couple. I <3 . Weird how Bella, the one sim I expected to be having an emotional fit, is so blase. D:


Cutting of the cake time!


Cassandra does the honors.


Jarrod - That was *sniff* just so BEAUTIFUL! *wibble*

Cassandra - Um, sweetie? All I did was cut the cake . . .


Sandi - ConGRATS! *throws rice*

Cassandra - Seriously? You're going to stand there and pelt me with rice while I try to eat my cake?

Sandi - *throws more rice*

Passive-aggressive evilness right there, I suppose.


Bebe Hart finally arrived, way way late. She's listed as Jarrod's sister. I'm not entirely sure how . . . Sister by marriage maybe? I dunno.


The rest of the guests left either by choice or resetsim, and the family sat down to enjoy some wedding cake together.

Bella - Look Morty, a paparazzi! We're WINNING!


Cassandra - I can't believe I'm married! *dreamy sigh*


Cassandra - *pop* . . . AND pregnant. Wow, talk about great timing.


Jarrod played himself some more guitar to celebrate.


Alexander - My new brother-in-law is AWESOME!

Alex was his adoring fanclub.


And Mortimer pulled a major creepy.

Jarrod - Well . . . this is awkward.


Now we know where Alex gets his refusal to sleep gene from. -_- GO TO BED!

Mortimer - But I wanna finish this book. D:


The next day it was finally time for Alexander to grow up and spread his own wings.


For some reason Mortimer was the only one who turned out to celebrate. D: Poor Alex.


He successfully grew into a Young Adult, rolling the Nurturing trait. Random, but ok. That's an official +10 for randomizing an entire generation, woot!

He was then promptly moved out into the same house as his girlfriend Nora. He rolled the Ghost Profiteer LTW (Level 10 of the Ghost Hunting career) but got a job in Science instead. -_- Fail. 

Also, he and Nora continued to date for a few days, then suddenly broke up for no reason and she started dating someone else. Alex moved out on his own. A few days later the other guy dumped her, and now she and Alex are back to flirting with each other. XD So who knows, he might eventually have babies one day.


I think Mortimer realizes just how funny he looks in that Mad Scientist get up.


Meanwhile Bella has decided that she'd rather play with and watch this box turtle rather than be at work. -_-


Cassandra, on maternity leave, gets acquainted with the bills. Cursed things that they are.


Now that Alexander has moved out, it's massive renovations time. First things first, I converted the lot next door into the Goth Family Cemetery.


The pet corner, with Rufus' headstone.


This is the Crumplebottom/Bachelor side. That's right, I went and scavenged the other ghosts back as well so we have Simon and Prudence.


As well as Victor, Gretle and Lolita to go along with Gunther and Cornelia on the Goth side. Also, Cornelia has her deep frier back. All is right in the world once more.


The main house has gotten a makeover as well. First we have out front, complete with 2 new cars (courtesy of FreshPrince). A blue VW bug for Cassandra and a black Chevy Camero for Mortimer. The Goth Mobile is in the family inventory for emergencies.


The living room looks the same, for the most part.


As does the entryway, with a few recoloring differences.


The kitchen is exactly the same, and the dining room is mostly similar though I finally got around to fixing it's dimensions so it was symmetrical. OCD sucks, lol.


The front room, Alexander's old bedroom, got remade back into the nursery for on-coming babies.


The new addition is a long hallway that opens up to 4 new rooms and a backyard area.


Cassandra and Jarrod's new bedroom.


And their own in-suite bathroom.


Mortimer and Bella's new bedroom.


And their own in-suite bathroom.


This is the new study, which Mortimer and Pongo are showing off for us.


And for lack of anything better right now, the last room gets designated as Cuddlebones' own room.


This is a wide shot of the back of the house, which now has a patio/pool area.


This is said pool. I was going for a natural grotto-like set up. This is as good as it gets with my limited decorating/building skills.


To one side we have a hot tub and a juice bar.


To the other we have a grill and an outdoor patio table.


Finally, an overhead shot so you can get a vague idea of how it's all laid out.


Mr. Tumnus and Perdita were checking out the patio that night.


Jacosta also decided to be the first ghost to haunt the new graveyard.


Unfortunately the only thing she did was get into a car and drive away. D:


Cuddlebones! He's still creepily cute, fyi.


Cassandra is coming right along in her pregnancy, getting ready to pop.


Cassandra - My back! D:

At least it's not from sleeping on the floor. -_-


No babies this time, but next time I promise! Until then, happy simming!



:: SCORECARD ::


Self Wetting : -20
Passing Out : -25
Failing School :
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters :
Accidental Deaths :
Social Worker Visit :

Every Birth : +10
Twins :
Triplets :
Fulfilling LTWs : +20
Every Honor Roll : +5
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : +10
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation :
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : +20
Painting of Torch Holder :


TOTAL = +20

PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

6 comments:

  1. Nice remodel of the house. I've never built a cemetary. I might for my resort though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies! I'd love the separate cemetery if I could just keep them from immediately leaving the lot all the time. :(

      Delete
  2. Horay! I love your house. I would post my reply on the sims forums, but it's down for now. The wedding was lovely, and am I the only who noticed Sandy decided to take the seat far, far away from the wedding. I guess she still has some resolved issues with Bella and her family. Lol, I'm going to miss Alex, he was so cute.

    -2oo92

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you liked! I'm pretty happy with the way the house came out myself. And I hear ya about the forums, they've been down for me for a couple hours now. -_- Sandi definitely has some unresolved issues . . . ^_^

      Delete
  3. *looks around at the wedding area* Hmm, nice, nice. Reminds me of my 11th birthday, just...whiter. (Mine was COMPLETELY black. It was funny, and at midnight, a friend was trying to get to the bathroom and kept seeing bats and ghosts and freaked out.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the reason Bebe is listed as Jarrod's sister, is b\c Gus Hart is Jarrod's father. This would also be why his surname was Hart.

    ReplyDelete