Sunday, July 8, 2012

1.10 Don't Fear the Reaper

Cuddles - Aaaaaalllleeeeeeeex . . . . AAAAAAALLLEEEEEEEEEEX!

Alex - Make it go away . . . :(

Welcome back everyone to Goth-Sanity. This is the last time you'll see Cuddles, unfortunately. She wouldn't stop setting booby-traps all over the house, and Alex never paid any attention to her anyway. I can't remember if I deleted her completely or just stuck the doll in his inventory.


A mysterious trail of sparkles? Actually it's a ghost that's taking forever to render. Also, booby-trap in the kitchen sink. It's just one of several.


Oh look, it's Gunther! . . . surprise, surprise.


Cassandra - Ew, dead grandpa on a computer! THE HORROR!

A double-whammy for Technophobic Cass.


I decided that the slightly moppy hairstyle didn't suit an Adult, mustached Mortimer so I trimmed it up a bit. I think it looks a lot better.


Rufus has developed the Hyper trait, which makes his favorite autonomous action to bark at the fridge. This eventually resulted in a Freezer Bunny Gnome. I named him Mr. Tumnus.


Sadly, Bella's father Simis Bachelor passed on. I went ahead and fetched him for our graveyard, since the old Goth Manor had the Goth and the Crumplebottom grandparents. I haven't decided if I'll get Agnes, Michael and family yet or not.

Being a lifelong journalist, he got some investigation folders for his rememberance object.


I think that's Pongo checking out the fountain.


Perdita prefers the garden.


Then it was time for Alexander to join his sister in teenhood. He has a high enough grade that he'll be able to roll his trait, but he wasn't able to get on the honor roll and earn me points. Oh well.


Mom and big-sis came to celebrate right away. Dad's finishing up his afternoon snack. The outfit Bella's wearing is what the education career keeps putting her in after every promotion. I got tired of making her over.


Mortimer and even Rufus decided to join in the celebration too. One of these days I might actually throw a real birthday party again. Maybe. -_-


Alexander launches off in a flurry of sparkles.


Alexander - Wait, what? What is this?

He became a somewhat gangly teen, rolling the Snob trait.


His room gets a more teenage make-over, losing the kid toys and gaining some curtains and a dresser. Yoshi is still present, of course.


With Cuddles gone, I sent Mortimer around the house deactivating all the land-mines.


Not the greatest thing to do to a Grumpy sim, but it had to be done.


Holy Frack! Who the heck are you, kid?!

Kid - I came home with Alex earlier this afternoon.

Well why are you still here? And . . . why don't you have a speck of color? O_o

The little demon child left eventually, thank plumbob.


Some things change and many stay the same. Alex still refuses to go to bed on his own.


Mortimer - Off to bed, young man!

Alexander - . . . seriously, dad?

Luckily Morty has a good enough relationship with his kids that they'll listen to him.


Hi Simis! He decided to make his first ghostly appearance.


Cornelia visited that night as well.


Simis got in some Madden-time on the computer.


Cornelia . . . haunted Cassandra's nightstand. And woke her up. Again.


Cassandra - OMG, what stinks?!

That would be you, sweetheart.


Simis - Ugh, ghost!

That's a little hypocritical of you, Simis. Just sayin.


Then he went off and haunted the nekkid bust statue in the dining room. Lol



Mr. Tumnus is catching some shut-eye.


Lookit! Money tree! This is the first one I've ever found and grown in-game, quite excited.


This was just a shameless excuse to show Alexander's pj's. He's got a puppy t-shirt. :D


Alexander - And what's your excuse for THIS picture?

Uuuum . . . bubbles?

Alexander - Perv.


Some sims just want to watch the world burn . . . . Poor Cassandra is trying to get as much sleep as she can, since she keeps getting rudely awakened by all the ghosts. No one else in the house does.


Bella still enjoys her TV time.


Meanwhile Mortimer is doing some research for work. I think he only has one more promotion until he hits his Lifetime Wish, which means POINTS. So, hard at work for that.


Bella thought she'd play with Charlie for a bit. Sadly, he bit her finger shortly after this was taken. :(


Money tree!!! I'll also use this shot to announce that we've reached a net worth of 100,000 simoleons! That's +20 points, baby! That also takes us out of the negatives FINALLY!


Bella plays with Rufus in celebration. That interaction is incredibly adorable.


Cassandra!! I just got RID of all the booby-traps!

Cassandra - I have no idea what you're talking about. Pics or it didn't happen.


I decided to use Alexander's teenage action to call over an old friend who had just reached their teen years.


That 'old friend' being Nora Hart, post make-over. She's not traditionally pretty, but I think she is.


And apparently she has the Clumsy trait, as she almost tripped while Alexander was on his way outside to greet her.


They hung out on the front walk chit-chatting for a bit.

Alexander - My dad's a scientist.

Nora - Cool.


Some more chatting. I like where her topics of choice are going.


Then Cassandra went outside to do her homework. And the only logical explanation for that is she wanted to spy on her brother.

Alexander - Cass, do you HAVE to do your homework right there?

Cassandra - Yep.

Alexander - . . . .


Alexander - Your smile lights up the room just like the sun.


Nora - Aww, thanks Alex! I really like your house, by the way.


Alexander - I don't know if you noticed, but that last interaction was me attempting to flirt with you. Just in case it didn't stick, here's another one. *flirt*

YAY autonomous flirting!


Alexander - Well, it was nice seeing you Nora. I have to go eat now, I'm starving.

Cassandra - I second that.

Nora - O-ok, I'll just . . . go home then.

It was actually past curfew, but it amused me how promptly he ditched her for a snack.


And then, tragedy.


Alexander - Cassandra! That's a completely inappropriate thought-bubble for this situation!

Cassandra - What?! I'm just wondering if I remembered to brush my teeth. My face is still horrified, see?


Mortimer - Oh no! Say it isn't so!


Rufus - I don't get it. Why is everybody so sad all of a sudden?

;_; Sadly, Rufus' time had finally come. While I will miss his adorableness and his mad collecting skillz, I can't be too upset at his passing. He lived a LOOOOOONG time, way past the normal age-span of a dog. And that's without any cheats, LTH items or gormet pet food, too.


Grim soon arrived to do his thankless task.


Grim - I could really go for an awesome party right about now.

Uh, Grim? You wanna focus here, buddy?


Grim and Rufus shared a friendly hug.


This would almost be adorable if all the rest of my sims weren't boo-hooing all over the place.


Off Rufus goes, to chase that eternal stick in the sky.


Leaving the rest of the household completely heartbroken. Well, most everybody.

Cassandra - What?! I'm sad. I'm just about to pass out, too.


Mortimer has had one of these babies ever since they moved out of the old Goth Manor, so I promptly put it to use.


He made sure to cure everybody in the house. I'll miss Rufus too, but I don't want to deal with two days of constant sobbing either. It's been my experience that sims don't like to function properly on autonomy when they're in mourning.


Goodbye Rufus, we'll miss you buddy. His final resting place, for now. I might make a separate pet graveyard eventually, but for now he has his own spot inside.


That's it for this installment, what might be the final of this generation. The heir vote is next, so stay tuned!


:: SCORECARD ::


Self Wetting : -15
Passing Out : -15
Failing School :
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters :
Accidental Deaths :
Social Worker Visit :

Every Birth : +10
Twins :
Triplets :
Fulfilling LTWs :
Every Honor Roll : +5
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation :
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation :
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : +20
Painting of Torch Holder :


TOTAL = +5



PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment