Wednesday, July 4, 2012

1.6 Moving On

We're back again for another edition of Goth-Sanity! We open up today with . . . an interesting sight. It seems Rufus has gotten a bit grumpy in his old age. He now loves to bark at and chase the poor mail-persons off the yard. Every day. He'll even come back home from half-way across town to do it, canceling his current collecting que. Kind of annoying. -_-

Paper Boy - Holy frack, it's Cujo! Every man for himself!


Rufus has still continued to be pretty productive on the collecting front. I've managed to complete 3 out of the 4 special objects again. I'm not selling these, I want them to stay as decor down through the generations. I've named the dino-skeleton Yoshi, btw. ^_^


Mortimer is using his last day off before Cassandra's birthday to try and get her skills learned, but I don't think we're gonna make it. :( Also, why he felt the need to take her outside to walk I have no idea.


Trying reeeaaallly hard, even to his own motives' detriment. This is actually the victory pose for having learned walking.


Now to try and get talking mastered. 

Mortimer - Rubies, Cass. Can you say Ruby?

Cassandra - Wat?


Bella's taking semi-good care of Alexander in the meantime.


Unfortunately she's gone back to the sleeping bag instead of her own bed.


Aww, Rufus. Elder dogs lay down to eat, which is half sad, half precious to me.


And voila! Fred completes the set! Now to place them about the house for interesting decorations.


Rufus - *growl*

Mail Lady - Bad dog! Bad!

Paper Boy - Pfft. Nice knowing you, doggie treat.


Then it was time for Cassandra's next birthday. We didn't get talking mastered unfortunately, but we gave it our best shot. No formal party, just mom and dad and a cake.


Bella is super excited for the celebration anyway, of course.


And ta-da! I give you child Cassandra, who aged up with the Technophobe trait locked in. Kind of sucks that she got a negative trait. Since she learned 2 out of 3 I was hoping for a neutral trait at least. Oh well.


Cassandra looks a lot like mommy, I think she took most of her features from Bella, though her nose is all daddy. She'll be a cutie in adulthood, I think.


Rufus' collectables gave me enough simoleons that I added more windows and renovated the kitchen floor and walls for variety. Also gave them a dishwasher, a trash compactor and a rug under the dining room table. Snazzy.


I still can't get my Multitab to do tabcasts, but it makes for a very convenient all-in-one book. Mortimer uses it a lot to brush up on his fishing and handiness skills for work, since I don't really have the time or luxury to send him fishing or upgrading things.


Cass! That window is expensive, why the heck are you crying about it! -_-


Bella and Cass have also been working on their relationship now that Cassandra is a child. They like to chat and gossip a lot, makes me smile.


Since it's her first night, I get to show Cass where her bed is. Luckily she has the Heavy Sleeper trait so I can still put her in the same room with Alex. I can't afford to build on to the house right now.


Overnight I added a living-room of sorts, that consists of a couch and a TV. Of course, being the technophobe that she is, Cass would rather read a book.


And THIS is what the game decided Mortimer needed to wear for his new promotion to Fertilizer Analyst. -_-


I made him over. It amused me at the time, tho it's kinda gross in retrospect . . . lol.


It is also at this point that Gunther FINALLY kicked off. He was 110 days old. TWENTY days over the maximum. I don't know what unholy simgod he sold his soul to, but wow. The family inherited an unseemly amount of funds from his death. Over 200k unseemly. I didn't want to keep it all, but I DID want to finish renovating the house . . .


So I finished decorating, added some half-assed landscaping outside (I suxxorz at landscaping) and then familyfunds cheated them back down to 5k, which is about what they had before Gunther bit it.

The house still isn't done yet, though. I kept tweaking it here or there. But it's more done than it was by a long shot, as the rooms now have different decor instead of white on white.


Meanwhile, poor Alexander is getting ignored. Bella! Ugh.

Also, you'll notice that Alex got himself an Imaginary Friend doll. At least he won't be lonely as a toddler.


Cassandra brought home a friend from school. Her name is Ginger Bunch, and I'm fairly certain she's Lisa Bunch's first child, the one she had at Mortimer's young adult birthday party in fact.


They both sat down to homework together, which pleased me. If Cass can get on the honor roll I get points. :D


Homework was interrupted that day, however, because it's Alexander's birthday! And Bella actually gets to take him to the cake. I'm shocked.


Cassandra helps celebrate. I think I made Mortimer do some chores around the house instead.

Bella - How could you? D:

Stop guilting me! -_-


D'awww, lookit him!! He's so cuuuuute. He has somebody's blue eyes, and most of his other features are daddy's I think.


Ginger didn't bother cheering but she did have herself a slice of birthday cake.


And then she proceeded to rule over the dining room table. Bella actually gave her a curtsy, which I thought was adorable, but I missed getting a shot of it.


Cassandra begged for her first bedtime story that night.


She actually managed to do it right though, so yay. Although . . . I doubt Totally Preggers is appropriate material. O_o


So cute . . .


Alexander spends his free time with his IF doll, as most toddlers do. I want to say the name is Cuddles, though I'm not entirely certain.


Potty training is off to a great start.


Somebody had a wish locked in to buy one of these, so I did. It would prove to be a mistake, but more on that later.


Since Bella really fails at the whole housewife thing, I went ahead and re-hired a maid. Our first is who I have dubbed Dreds Maid.


He starts creeping me out kind of early, thinking about 'jellyfish' in Mortimer and Bella's bedroom.

Also, Dire Chinchillas painting. I lol'd.


This is what Bella is doing instead of cleaning, cooking or taking care of her toddler. *siiiiigh*


And when she does pay attention to Alex, she holds him hostage while she has herself a nice long chat with her brother Micheal.


This is why the treehouse was a mistake. Cassandra would rather go out there and get a poor night's sleep instead of sleep in her fairly expensive bed. -_- Not cool.


Alexander - But mama, I'm not tired.

Bella - Nonsense. It's dark out, so in the crib you go.

This annoys me, a lot. If their energy motive isn't low, why are they being put to bed?


Rufus distracts Bella by asking for some brushing.


I think I sold her sleeping bag. That's the only reason why she's sleeping in her bed.


Daddy to the rescue.


Mortimer now has more days off than he did with Cassandra, two in a row in fact. I have high hopes that we'll be able to succeed with Alex where we failed with Cass.


Not cool, Dreds Maid. Not cool.


Despite her flaws, I still get a kick out of Bella. She's just too cute of a sim. Her excitable nature has her squealing and giggling about everything, even talking about jogging with her mom. Her relationship with her family is dwindling unfortunately, but she gets phone calls from them fairly regularly and as long as her motives are ok I let her take them.


Cassandra brought this guy home next. He is, literally, the only boy her age right now. All the other kids are girls. His name is Virgil Van Watson, I believe.

Cassandra - I'd rather marry Don Lothario.

That might have to be arranged. -_-


As soon as they got inside, Cassandra surprised me by rolling her Lifetime Wish. It appears she'll be following in her grandfather's footsteps by becoming the CEO of a Mega Corporation.


Then she and Virgil shared a secret or two.

Cassandra - We use dead people's bones as decorations. Tee-hee!

Virgil - . . . what?


Then they parted ways, Cassandra to do her homework and Virgil to play with the dollhouse until it was time for him to go home.


Mortimer - It's good to see you making friends, sweetheart.

Cassandra - 'Friends' is kind of a strong word, daddy. I prefer the term 'future minions.'


Alexander - But mama! I'm NOT TIRED!

Ugh, Bella!


Random deer is random!


Meanwhile Cassandra was refusing to go to sleep. -_-


I don't need any more fails! GO TO SLEEP!


Finally, dear plumbobs above us. XD I think I stuck the tree-house in the family inventory at this point.


Bella is still catching up on her episodes of Sim-vivor.


While Mortimer is hard at work with those toddler skills.


Cassandra - It seems daddy has so much more time for you than he did me. Ever since you came along, you get all of the attention from daddy. This makes me . . . unhappy.

Alexander - Um . . w-what are you looking at?

Cassandra - Shush, I'm monologuing.


Cassandra - Luckily, I have devised the perfect revenge!


Cassandra - Aaaah! This is what I call 'just desserts.'


Alexander - . . . you know, of course, that this means war. :<


The good and the evil of the house have finally butted heads. What lies in store for the Goth house? We'll just have to wait and see. No new fails this chapter, though no new points either. Until next time!


:: SCORECARD ::


Self Wetting : -15
Passing Out : -15
Failing School :
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters :
Accidental Deaths :
Social Worker Visit :

Every Birth : +10
Twins :
Triplets :
Fulfilling LTWs :
Every Honor Roll :
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation :
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation :
Every 100,000 simoleons earned :
Painting of Torch Holder :


TOTAL = -20 


 PREVIOUS                                                         NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment