Wednesday, October 10, 2012

3.5 The Impossible Possibilities

Welcome back everyone! Just fair warning, this chapter seems to bounce around a lot, more than usual. At least to me. So I'll apologize in advance if it's really disjointed. Things will come together by the end though. Sort of. You'll see.

Foreshadowing Intro Wooooooo!

At any rate, we'll begin this chapter with Everett being a good boy and finding his bed for the first time because I told him to.



I was expecting to have twins the last time and had prepared myself for 4 babies this generation. Since twins were a no-go, I decided to have Beau and Cait try for baby one last time and fill the last available house slot.

Take one for the team, guys.



Some time later, while Beau was seeing to little Gwendolyn's over-night needs, Cassandra was quite put out that her dead father was interrupting her rocking-chair time.



And then the ultimate betrayal . . . .

MORTIMER - What? I never get to use the chair. :< It's my turn!



Hey, Felix! None of that, mister! Your plumbob is GREEN, that means you're HAPPY. No random screaming in this house, little man.



I was happy to see Everett putting the playground to use. He's quite the cute little kid.



Yay, no more baby-larvae! It's time for Gwennie to become a toddler. Big Brother Everett was on hand to cheer her on. The rest of the family was otherwise occupied apparently.



Ta-daaaaaah! Gwendolyn inherits her daddy's skintone and black hair, as well as his green eyes. So far all the kids have gotten a nice mix of the genetic pool, I'm quite pleased. :D



Felix and Gwen share some play-time.



And then I caught Gwendolyn doing this! Apparently witch toddlers can make their toys disappear and reappear. AWESOME.





Everett discovers the computer--more importantly, Need for Speed.



CAITLYN - Beau! HALP! I'm STARVIIIIIINNNGGG!

CASSANDRA - HAHA! Do you see that, son? See what an idiot you married?!

CAITLYN - OMP, you're not gonna let her talk about me like that, are you?!

BEAU - *pointedly not paying attention or taking sides*



Gwendolyn discovers the dollhouse--more importantly, the time-honored sims toddler tradition of biting the heads off the dolls there-in.



EVERETT - *high pitched scream*

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

This gets old, fast. The house is in pretty rough shape right now as I'm being forced to dismiss Bonehilda while Everett is home. Might have to do something about this soon . . . .



EVERETT - Um . . . . wh-what did I just . . . see?

Well, since there's conspicuous hearts confetti all over the blankets, I'm guessing you just had your tender innocence pulverized by your grandparents' insatiable sex-drive. Sorry, kid.

EVERETT - O_O



It was here that I noticed Bonehilda doing something weird, and I couldn't figure out the reason at first. She wouldn't do any other cleaning or chores, she would just stand at the fridge and constantly pull out quick-meals, setting them on the counter. Putting them back in the fridge only encouraged her to pull out more.

It took me a few sim days to realize this was her attempt to fix Everett being hungry. Apparently if there are hungry child sims on the lot, Bonehilda ignores all other responsibilities in lieu of trying to entice them to eat.

VERY annoying, but no real way to get around it in an ISBI unfortunately. At least none that I've found.



Aww, Cassandra! You were right there! Somehow it just annoys me more if they actually TRY to get the bathroom and still fail. SIGH

Also, Mr. Tumnus Photobomb, ftw.

-5



Lookit, BABY! Caitlyn is as excited as I am for the final member of this generation to arrive. Since it also means she can FINALLY go back to work.



Dammit, Bonehilda, CUT THAT OUT! Nobody wants any juice!

GHOSTIE CUDDLEBONES - Hey, what-up peeps? Miss me?



I tried to get a close-up of Gwendolyn to show that she, too, has mommy's freckles. Unfortunately I don't think it worked. Still, OMGCUTE, am I right? :P



We interrupt this update to bring you Nermal the Kitty Gnome, being precious. That is all. Carry on.



Jarrod has really taken to being a grandpa. He's constantly playing with the babies. You know, when he's not napping in the rocking chair. It may or may not have something to do with the fact that I took his guitar away, though . . . but shhh, don't tell him.



One good thing, even though Everett forces me to put up Bonehilda most of the time, at least he picks up some of the slack in cleaning up. You just earned brownie points, little man.



Caitlyn also enjoys playing with her babies, when she can wrestle them away from the rest of the family.



She's enjoying herself . . . promise . . . O_o

I actually think that's her 'This room stinks!' face, because the potty was full. But still, out of context . . . wow. Lolol


Everett continues to be all over the place as far as his entertainment goes. Decided to sit down to an evening of the History Channel.



BONEHILDA - Baaaaaaaaabieeeeeeeeeeeees

Yeah, she's a fan.



Wow . . . smoke inhilation and possibly setting yourself on fire. Perfectly safe for a heavily pregnant sim to do. But children gardening? OH NO, we can't have that. >:[ /endrant

This also annoys me because there's plenty of leftovers. And she burned these hotdogs anyway, so it was just a massive waste of time.



And now for a brief Spares Update break. Daphne and Ayden Van Gould-Goth's son Dimitri has become a child. It's hard to tell but he actually has his dad's hair (the black has streaks of dark red/brown in it) and his mom's pale green-gray eyes.



And THIS little cutie is Deirdre and Tristan Van Gould-Goth's first born, a human girl named Sarah. Deirdre is currently preggers with her second baby, too. Yay for spares breeding!



I caught Cassandra randomly deciding to follow Everett outside and harassing him with her cane.



Really, Cass? Was that REALLY necessary? She really IS becoming the crochety, angry evil gramma.



Then I laughed when Everett immediately decided to tell her a scary ghost story. I imagine this is his subtle revenge.



Then it was indoors for homework. GOOD BOY! I haven't had any honor roll kids since Cassandra, way back in grade-school. :(



But first, BABY TIIIIIME! Poor Jarrod looks so horrified. Like he hasn't already dealt with this twice himself.



Beau rushed Cait off to the hospital. Meanwhile Ghostie Cornelia was being a rather harsh judge of someone's xylophone skills . . . wow, tone it down a notch or seven.



And now the proud parents retu--- . . . um. What. The. Fork.

BEAU - Yeeeah . . . well, remember those twins you wanted? It worked this time! Yay?

What? WHAT?! That's not--I didn't---WHAT?!?!? 

Neither of you have the fertility treatment, and no elixirs were consumed this time, and NOW you wanna have twins?! 

Plus, I never changed my MOD settings to allow for more than 8 sims in a household, WTF?! This isn't supposed to be possible!



Then I checked, and saw that the default settings on MC are set to allow more than 8 sims in your controlled household. 

Yeah. I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.



So, after ten minutes of staring blankly at the computer screen in complete shock and horror, I finally managed to buck up and pull it together. First thing, shutting the game down and downloading the Portrait Panel MOD just so I could continue playing properly.

*slams head into desk repeatedly*

Now to begin the torturous, teeth-pulling experience of trying to run a house with NINE sims in it. Translation?

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

But enough of that, I suppose you actually want to be introduced to the new spawn? Okay, here goes.

One of the twin girls (+10), the first born, is named Henrietta Goth (which will probably be frequently shortened to Henri). She is a Good Slob who enjoys Soul music, Fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches and the color Seafoam.

Her sister is Honour Goth, an Insane Couch Potato who enjoys Dark Wave music, Lobster Thermidor and the color Lime.



Thank the plumbobs I only had to deal with FOUR toddlers/infants for only one evening. The next day it was time for Felix to become a child.



Sparkle-Dance!



FELIX - Me and this birthday cake? We're just too much hawtness for you to handle. Proceed with caution.

Indeed. O_o

Felix successfully became a child, with the Equestrian trait locked in. LAWL, no horses kiddo, sorry.



Since it was late, it wasn't long before I was showing Felix the way to his brand-new loft bed. Lookit, Panda PJs! CUTE.



CASSANDRA - I'mma SCARE JOO!

JARROD - *yawn*

Actually I think he was being disgusted by the full potty, but yawning worked better for my caption. So yawning it is.



The boys' first day of school together. They look so precious.

FELIX - Um . . . what is that bus-driver doing?

EVERETT - No, you fool, never look directly at the bus driver! Stare straight ahead, no direct eye contact! Keep it cool . . . just keep it cool . . . .



Gwendolyn . . . trust me. I have PLENTY of screaming babies without you doing it for NO REASON. Green plumbob as evidence!



BEAU - Hey, son. I'm glad you're doing your homework and all, but stand up for a minute. There's something I want to throw-- I-I mean, TELL you.

.... Well, that wasn't ominous at all. -_-



BEAU - PERSONALITY CHANGING ELIXIR GO!

EVERETT - What the FRACK Dad! You just threw a glass bottle at me! The shards are IN MY FLESH!



Well, despite the potential child abuse charges, Beau successfully gets rid of Everett's annoying Neurotic trait and it gets switched out for Can't Stand Art. I was saving it for when he hit teen stage, but happily discovered that it was able to be used on child sims too.

EVERETT - Hey, dad, have I ever told you that your face is like a work of art?

BEAU - Really? That's sweet of you, son--.

EVERETT - I HATE ART. AND YOU. YOU SUCK.

They're actually buddies, but that caption made me giggle.



Unfortunately Gwendolyn decided to crawl into her brothers' room to scream about being hungry, waking up poor Felix in the process.



FELIX - I HATE BABIEEEEEES! *FURY*

After this generation, I'm starting to feel you on that, Felix. O_O Definitely a small generation next time, I need to recover from this madness.



The house is lagging so bad that most of the time the family just stands around in one spot until one of their needs becomes critical. And sometimes, as Jarrod is so helpfully demonstrating, even that isn't enough to make them move.

-5



Soon it was time to say good-bye to the cocoon babies, though. Only one cake shot because . . . lazy.



Introducing toddler Henri! She got daddy's black hair and mama's purple eyes. Also, forgot to mention, she and her sister are Witches, so only Everett managed to pull the human card.



And this is little Honour, all toddler-fied. She also got mama's purple eyes and more importantly, RED HAIR! I was about to give up hope that any of the kids would get Cait's red hair.



I'm not saying that Beau and Cait have picked favorites from the twins based on hair color . . . .



But the evidence is kind've damning, wouldn't you say? Lolol



Aw, Everett! SIGH.

-5



Suddenly, a random Adult Birthday appeared! I think this has to be the best birthday celebration face . . . EVER.



HAHAHA No.

I dunno why his hair changed, either, since his actual hairstyle isn't CC, it's from Supernatural. Weird. At any rate, we changed it back in due time. Beau looks pretty much the same, though now he's got a heaping helping of Mid-Life Crisis. Bleh.



I randomly caught Pappy Wolff running across my lawn at night in werewolf form. I lol'd.



Bonehilda, what are you doing?


BONEHILDA - I need to empty the toddler potty.

Well, could you . . . I dunno . . . wait til she's done using it first?



Felix, why are you preparing to do your homework outside of school? Why not go HOME and do your homework?

FELIX - Pffft, are you kidding me? WAY less lag out here.

Well, I can't fault you for that one . . .



But he's missing out, because back home it's time for the eldest of this generation to enter teenhood at last! Proud mama is proud. And of course, Bonehilda wouldn't miss a celebration in honor of her precious . . . .



Sparkle ROCKET MAN!



Wow . . . WOW. He may be the only human sim this generation, but Everett sure does make up for it with a big fat dose of HAWTness.

He aged up with the trait Easily Impressed locked in.



And unfortunately we must end this update on a sad note. Edgar Allen Poe passed away just after Everett's cake-dance. D: Goodbye Poe. He is, as quoth the raven, Nevermore.



That's it for this installment. Check back next time to see if 9 sims in one house succeeds in driving me bat-crap-crazy. Until then, happy simming!



:: SCORECARD ::



Self Wetting : (17)
-85
Passing Out : (18) - 90
Failing School : (0)
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters : (0)
Accidental Deaths : (0)
Social Worker Visit : (0)
Cheat Penalty : (1) -10



Every Birth : (6) +30
Twins : (2) +20
Triplets : (0)
Fulfilling LTWs : (4) +40 
NTH Spouse Reaching Top of Career : (1) +5
Every Honor Roll : (1) +5
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : (1) +10
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation : (2) +20
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : (2) +40
Painting of Torch Holder : (0)



TOTAL = -20 




PREVIOUS                                                           NEXT

4 comments:

  1. At least you didn't get quadruplets. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I would have died. Or quit without saving. Whichever happened first, lolol.

      Delete
  2. LMAO! Ugh I love these Goths. ;-; Your simming makes me wanna sim so badly! :3 I am so happy we got to chitchat this morning it was a good time! LOL

    I can't believe all the kiddos they have @____@ but at the same time I am just so very happy that they are all turning out so adorable! *RUNS OFF TO READ MOAR*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yay. I'm glad my Goths are inspiring. :D I was very glad we got to chit-chat yesterday morning too, I was starting to get a little worried. O_o

      They tried to kill me with the babies. KILL ME. But it's all over now . . .

      Delete