Monday, October 1, 2012

3.2 Zombie Apocalypse

DAPHNE - I didn't do it.

No? You didn't attempt to make waffles and burnt the crap outta them, even though there's plenty of left-overs in the fridge?

DAPHNE - Nope.

Well then. Carry on. :P



Welcome back everyone for another edition of Goth-Sanity! While Daphne is putting our Fireproof Homestead LTR to good use, Beau is outside attempting to care for the bee boxes I got him. With . . . varied results.



Awweh. Poor baby. I learned after this that there's a certain order one should adhere to when caring for bees. Namely, smoke the box first. Then Feed/clean/harvest. I also got rid of one of the boxes after this, since sims change in and out of the beekeeper hat for EACH interaction, which takes for friggin ever. Plus, one is plenty anyway.




Not only did Daphne burn her waffles, she also neglected to sleep at all the night before. So she jumped off the bus on the way to school and passed out on the sidewalk.

Fail. 

-5



After waking up she came back home on her own, but got stopped outside by Caitlyn who felt the need to chew her out.

CAITLYN - HOW DARE YOU SKIP SCHOOL?! You are in SERIOUS trouble young lady!

DAPHNE - Um . . . do I even know you?

Seriously, it's not as if her parents weren't home.



CAITLYN - After that bit of unpleasantness, I think it's time for a good book.

BELLA - Hmm . . . that last bite of pancake went down kinda funny . . . .



Oh no . . .  that's not the pancakes, dear. :( I can't be too sad though, this was Bella's 102 day of life, 12 over the normal lifespan.



BELLA - What do you MEAN you're not sorry to see me go?! Didn't you love me?!

Aww, Bells, you know I didn't mean it like that.



CAITLYN - I can't believe you just croaked right when I sat down to read my book.

BELLA - . . . wut?

DEIRDRE - Noooooo! My first appearance this chapter and it's to mourn my gramma dying!



CAITLYN - I'll never be able to read that book again, thanks to you. I hope you're satisfied.

CASSANDRA - What the eff is WRONG with you?!

GRIM - Yo.



BELLA - No, Grim! Don't take me! I don't wanna go yet!

GRIM - Sorry, sweet-cheeks. I don't make the rules, I just enforce 'em.



When Beau arrives, suddenly Caitlyn decides to be sad with the rest of the family. Cassandra isn't fooled, however. I doubt she'll forget about it any time soon, either.



Goodbye Bella Bachelor-Goth. You were a great sim, adorably excited by just about everything. Even if you failed spectacularly at anything resembling domesticity, I'll still miss you.



Back inside Beau offers Caitlyn his comfort.



And vice-versa.

DAPHNE - Gramma just died and he's putting the moves on his floozy. Shameful.

Don't be a prude, Daph. The next gen has to come about somehow.



BEAU - So . . . I just wanted you to know that, no matter what comes through that door, I'll always be here to protect you. I may not win, I-I'm not really athletic, but I'll put up a helluva fight.

CAITLYN - Aww, that's so sweet!

The 'Offer to Protect' interaction is one of my new favorites, though I'm confused as to how often it fails and why. Luckily Cait was receptive to Beau's.



Then he had an all-important question to get out of the way next.



Engagement Spaaaaaam!













He has awesome timing, eh? Oh well, life ends and life begins, the wheel must continue to turn.

The wedding and more importantly babies will have to wait until the twins are YA and moved out, so for now Beau gets sent to his alchemy chamber to plant some indoor mushrooms.



Jarrod decides to get some jamming done.



And then, FULL MOON! We get our first zombie visitor, who makes a beeline for the back door.



HAHA, denied. No mushrooms for joo.



Bella! Wow, you didn't make me wait long at all.



Cornelia also came out to visit.



Gunther too! Wow, it's a busy night tonight.



Caitlyn decided that a full moon filled with zombies and ghosts was the perfect time for a dip in the hot tub.



GUNTHER - NO WAI, Jarrod Goth! Your music is a real hit in the underworld! 

JARROD - Not sure if pleased or creeped out by that . . .



A quick, random shot of the alchemy chamber after I got off my lazy bum and decorated it.



BELLA - Phew, that's ripe!

DEIRDRE - Ouch, gramma.



CASSANDRA - No, she's right, go take a bath! I'm about to pass out!

BELLA - Ooo, photo-op! *click*



Then we got another zombie on the other side of the house.



And she was soon joined by a third. Wow, 3 zombies and 3 ghosts out at once, along with 5 sims and 1 cat . . .



The first zombie decided she wanted to be a zombie horsie . . . random.



BEAU - Well, that was a bracing nap. Did I miss anything?

Just the Zombie Apocalypse. No biggie.



After haunting the outdoor bar all night, Cornelia opted for a nap in Daphne's bed.



CASSANDRA - I feel like I've forgotten something . . .

Yeah, that would be GOING TO SLEEP. You're supposed to go to work in an hour and you haven't slept at all.



Since she's only a few days away from her birthday anyway, I used her free adult action to call out of work for a day to hopefully avoid the fail.



At least from Cassandra. Caitlyn has opted out of that funny thing called sleep as well, staying out in the hot tub all night.



Cornelia poofed out, and Bella quickly took her place. Daphne's bed is popular all of a sudden.



After calling out of work, Cass decided to go nap in her daughter's bed instead of sleeping in her own. Sims.



Ugh, Caitlyn. When she finally got out of the hot tub, she decided a plate of pancakes were more important than sleep.

-5



Or going to the bathroom. -_-*

-5



Poor Bonehilda. The work is never really done in this house.

CUDDLEBONES - LAWL, at least I know how to use the litterbox.



Again, Caitlyn's priorities leave a lot to be desired. A bath instead of SLEEP?! Go to BED!

AND she broke the tub, *shakes fist*



Finally! I blame the left-over lag from all the supernatural sims on the lot at once. But still, I might have to bring back the sleeping bags.


CASSANDRA - Muwahahaha! I will now scare my husband! My deviousness knows no bounds!

JARROD - *sigh* The things I do for love . . . .



CASS - OOGABOOGA!!

JARROD - *overly dramatic* Holy Plumbobs!



CASSANDRA - Thanks for pretending to be scared.

JARROD - Anything for you, baby.

CASSANDRA - Woohoo nao?

JARROD - Hellz yeah.



Unfortunately he should've pottied first. Poor Jarrod.

-5



I read on the forums that there's a glitch with the alchemy cabinet that causes it to eat all the stored items if your lot is reset for any reason (and there are MANY reasons for the game to reset the lot) so I plopped down a WA treasure chest to hold the items instead. I'll keep the alchemy cabinet to display gems and stuff as well, but all my ingredients are going in the chest.



I also broke down and built Beau a little garden. It won't be anything big or spectacular, just somewhere to grow alchemy ingredients like mushrooms and wolfsbane.



CASSANDRA - How DARE you try to booby-trap the sink?! I'M the evil one in this family! *angry pout*

DEIRDRE - Whoa, sorry mom. I didn't know it was that important to you.



CASSANDRA - Wait, what were we talking about?

DEIRDRE - Score.


The game decided to have Beau and Caitlyn graduate that day. I didn't feel like going to City Hall though, so they got to celebrate at home. Beau manages to do so in the bathroom like 85% of my sims.

He was voted Most Likely to Become a Rock Star, most likely because of his 6 or 7 points in Drums.



Caitlyn graduated as well, and was voted . . . Most Likely to Rule the World? Or something. I forgot. D: I was a little distracted at the time . . .



Suddenly RESET!

I got the stupid never-ending zombies bug. Luckily the patch had just been released for that, so I just packed the family into the bin and started a fresh save.

CASSANDRA - This all feels strangely familiar . . .



It was also an excuse for me to go ahead and build them a family mausoleum. Nothing fancy, just somewhere to store the dead bodies . . .



Unfortunately I don't have any portraits, so it's a little bare. But we have Gunther and Cornelia's oogly urns to the right, and Morty and Bella's pretty urns to the left.



And inside, BIRTHDAYS! Time for the twins to age up and then GTFO. I love 'em and all, but I want BABIES.

DEIRDRE - Wow, I feel the love . . .



The family gathers around to help celebrate. One of these days I'll have an actual birthday party again . . .



I give you young-adult Daphne Goth! Her final trait was locked in from moving, Inappropriate. She also rolled the LTW to become a Superstar Athlete in her teens, so I locked it in.



And young-adult Deirdre Goth! Her final trait was also locked in from moving, which ended up being Green Thumb. She also randomly rolled her LTW during her teens, which was to become a Creature-Robot Crossbreeder like her grandpa Mortimer.

After that the girls were promptly kicked out into Moonlight Falls and the mercy of Story Progression. GOOD LUCK SWEETIES!



Meanwhile, we've got work to do . . .

I love how Jarrod whipped out his guitar and supplied some mood music. You win, Jarrod.



Holy frack, Beau, the faces you make . . . UNGH!



BEAU - So, since the Sim-Deity is rather impatient for the next generation, and since my dad's playing us music and my mom's staring at us creepily anyways, you wanna just go ahead and get married right here, right now?

CAITLYN - Sure, sounds like a plan to me.



And so, Wedding Montage!











BOTH of these sims make the awesomest faces. <3!

CAITLYN - Cassandra likes to pretend she doesn't like me, but she totally just rolled the wish to have a grandchild.

I know. I lol'd. Even more than when YOU immediately rolled the wish to have your first woohoo with Beau

CAITLYN - Well can you blame me?

Never said that.



I put a wardrobe in their room for just this occasion.



BEAU - We're off to see if we can find Narnia! Wish us luck!

Um . . . good luck?



Well, they found SOMEthing, that's for sure.



Beau! Why the heck are you nekkid?!

BEAU - Well we didn't find Narnia . . . and I'm not even sorry. Rawr.

O_O 



They both popped out of the wardrobe naked, pointed at each other and then laughed. And then stood there, still naked, until I forced them to clothe themselves again. I couldn't take pics of it, because my new skins are . . . *ahem* anatomically correct in the chest area, if ya know what I mean. It was hilarious, at any rate. 

There was indeed a beautiful baby chime. I couldn't think of a better way to kick off the start of generation 4. 

Hope you all enjoyed! The next update probably won't take very long, as I'm in a simming mood. Just have to manage to wrestle the computer away from the hubby in order to play . . . .

Til next time, Happy Simming!



:: SCORECARD ::




Self Wetting : -70
Passing Out : -80
Failing School :
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters :
Accidental Deaths :
Social Worker Visit :
Cheat Penalty : -10



Every Birth : +15
Twins : +10
Triplets :
Fulfilling LTWs : +30 
NTH Spouse Reaching Top of Career :
Every Honor Roll : +5
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : +10
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation : +20
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : +40
Painting of Torch Holder :



TOTAL = -35 



PREVIOUS                                                           NEXT

1 comment: