Monday, June 17, 2013

4.7 Spectre-palooza

It's time for another Goth-Sanity ISBI update! We're closing in on the heir poll for the next generation! One more update after this one and we'll be there! Until then, let's get THIS chapter out of the way, shall we?

We start things off today with Ichabod being called over for a visit by a vampire friend, named Kendrah Whittaker. She had already called him previously and invited him to prom. Someone was laying down some serious hints here and I think Icky was starting to get clued in . . .



I used his free teen action to go for it . . .



And my suspicions were confirmed when Kendrah responded quite favorably to the interaction. Yay Icky has a love interest!





After the kiss, Ichabod decided he'd rather play with the family cat so Kendrah wondered away back inside her house.



Ichabod was super hungry at this point. Conveniently his witch-y-ness allowed him to conjure apples . . . un-conveniently, he refused to eat any of them. Just kept conjuring over and over until I had Honour call him home. -_-



Meanwhile Jocelyn was seated in her usual spot, doing her usual thing . . .



And Kensington has developed a fondness for his mother's easel, painting away in his jammies.



Chimaera reads a book . . . fascinating . . . .



And then Kensi follows suit. :P



CHIMAERA - Oh! The horror! My aged and wrinkly face is so tired-looking and disgusting. My wife won't even look at meeeeee!

Yeah, he's still under his mid-life crisis . . .



Honour has to make sure his fragile little genie-ego isn't too terribly damaged. ^_~



Despite having plenty of left-overs, Jocelyn decided to cook herself some breakfast. She managed not to burn it too, so yay.



GUNTHER - I like frying pans.

JOCELYN - Bully for you, now shush up and stop interrupting my programs.

Hahaha! Five gens later and Gunther's still getting hated on.



Kensi pulls a genie-hover idle animation and makes me squee. Though . . . why are you doing that outside?

KENSI - Jocelyn shoo'd me from the room, and it sent me outside . . . .

Wow, harsh.



Then she followed him outside and started boasting about butterflies? Random, but okay . . .



But when poor Kensi tried to gossip with her, Joce wasn't having any of it. Poor Kensington.



The graveyard now?

KENSI - She shoo'd me out again.  :<

Poor bb.



Ichabod soon distracted Jocelyn from hating on their little brother by playing a rousing game of water-balloon fighting. This is their favorite thing to do, especially in a thunderstorm (as you'll see later on).



Meanwhile I sent mama out to the elixir shop, hunting for alchemy ingredients.



She picked up a few random odds and ends, and then practiced transmogrifying the stuff we didn't need. You really shouldn't point that thing at your face, Honour . . . .


That afternoon Beau and Jocelyn fought each other for Ichabod's attention. One would interact with him and then the other would jump right in afterward. It was pretty funny to watch.

ICHABOD - That's right! Everybody loves me! :D



Well, at least until Beau mocked Ichabod's trivia skills.

ICHABOD - Grandpa!! WTF?!

BEAU - Lawl.

JOCELYN - Hah! Not bad, gramps!



Kensington was hiding away in his parents' bedroom, taking over his mother's easel. I eventually sold the inventing station that he never touched and bought him his own. Eventually.



What's this? Kendrah Whittaker in the rain? Formal-wear would indicate that it's Prom time!



Indeed it is! Ichabod gets in one last spell practice before running off to the limo.



JOCELYN - This sucks. Lame Icky has a date and I have to go stag?



JOCELYN - And seriously, mom, the shower is RIGHT over there . . .

I forget why Honour was stinky, but Jocelyn's 'ick' face was too humorous not to capture.



The kids had a great time at Prom. Ichabod and Kendrah started Going Steady, and Jocelyn even managed to get herself the Prom Queen crown and a surprise Romantic Interest.

JOCELYN - All according to plan! Huehuehuehuehue!



Ichabod and Kendrah's picture.



And Jocelyn's lone pic.



Then I used Jocelyn's freebie action to send a secret admirer text to the guy she hooked up with at the dance - a werewolf named Jebediah Singh. He's a bit of a player (he has other active flirts and possibly a girlfriend or two) but he's also Evil so I think it's a perfect match for Joce, lol.



Evil teens being what they were, the house was starting to rack up the booby-traps. Honour had the misfortune of having to set them off to get rid of them.

HONOUR - Noooo, sink! I already had a shower today!



For some reason Chimaera was grumpy about money . . . I actually think Honour cast a charm on him. It didn't backfire, but he still didn't like it for whatever reason.

Fine, be that way grumpy-pants.



We'll just practice our magic by upgrading everything in the house instead. :P



The boys shared some bonding-time in front of the TV. I swear, all they ever do now is watch TV or play video-games . . . .



Though the kids occasionally rouse themselves to do their homework at least. And read books.



BEAU - . . . you just trashed my high-score on purpose.

JOCELYN - Payback's a b*tch, Grampa.



And there he is, back at his mother's easel. I swear I bought him his own at some point.



Hey look! Thanks to Honour reviving her father's alchemy garden, the Goths have gotten themselves a new gnome! This is the spring-time seasonal gnome, we named him Eggz.



Aww, Icky's helping out with the cleaning! Good boy! *pats head*

ICHABOD - That wasn't patronizing AT ALL . . . -_-*



He got his revenge by luring his sister out into the thunder storm to throw water balloons. Seriously, guys? Are you TRYING to demolish the next-gen heir vote?



This little guy came home from school with Kensi but he turned around almost immediately and left again. Not sure why . . . .



The plethora of ghosts  might have had something to do with it though. Mortimer, Cassandra, Cornelia and Gunther were the first to arrive that full-moon night.



Cass got held up in the backyard by a zombie. Her screeching managed to save her ectoplasmic brains, luckily.



Chimaera got abducted by the aliens instead of poor Honour, for once.

CHIMAERA - No! Nooooooooo! I'm too pretty to be probed!

Sadly, he did not return with the Mysterious Weight Gain moodlet.



The ghosts congregate where most everybody congregates - in front of the TV.

GUNTHER - This game is garbage.

MORTIMER - Shut up, dad, nobody asked you.

CASSANDRA - Lawl, pwned.



Bella and Jarrod were the next ghosts out of the grave. Jarrod was rather amused by the zombie's attempt to eat his brains. 

JARROD - It's funny 'cause I'm a GHOST! I don't HAVE any brains! Lolololol



Beau was up and about and joined his ancestors at the game-station, as Cuddlebones decided to come out and haunt as well.



Seriously, it was a full house that night. The only ghost who didn't come out was Caitlyn.



The next day Jocelyn decided she'd rather sit outside the school in the grass to do her homework. 

FAIRY CHILD - Huuuurrrrr, there's a sparkle in my nose!

JOCELYN - The entertainment is priceless.

I'll take your word for it.



But back home . . . sadness was on the horizon.

KENSI - Grandpa, what're you doing?

BEAU - . . . something sad.



Apparently all the ghosts visiting last night finally convinced Beau that it was time to move on. Seriously, he was 106 days old. I was beginning to think he'd give his great grandfather Gunther a run for his long-lived money.



The family was pretty broken up by his passing, though, and I don't blame them. Beauregard was an awesome simmy.



Grim showed up right on schedule . . . now if he could only manage to stop losing his contact lenses upon arrival . . .

GRIM - Seriously, nobody move. I think I saw it fall over here . . .



BEAU - No, Grim! Not yet! You can't take me yet!

GRIM - . . . srsly, dude? You're 16 days over the maximum lifespan. Go with some dignity, man.

As you can see in the background, Chimaera arrives home from work just in time to witness the reaping. And he's still obsessing over money when there's absolutely no reason for it. I'm pretty sure the Goths are creeping up on the 400k net worth mark.



Beau was shipped off to his urn/gravestone and Honour treated everybody (but poor Kensi) with the moodlet manager so life would continue without the constant boo-hooing. 

It was at about this time that I bought the venue that comes with the violin, so that replaced Ichabod's cello. He didn't take long to find it in his pockets.

ICHABOD - This is awesome!

I know, it's the only reason why I bought that venue. And when I say that outloud it sounds so sad . . . . XD



KENSI - Oh grandpa! Why did you have to dieeeeee!

HONOUR - Kensi, I feel your pain and all . . . but you're blocking the grilled cheese. 

Mom is less than sympathetic to her youngest continuing to mourn the loss of his grandfather.



KENSI - Joce . . . what are you doing?

JOCELYN - I'm trying to cheer you up.

KENSI - And the thought of touching me is so abhorrent that you'd rather break your wrists than actually do so?

JOCELYN - It's the thought that counts, dammit. And besides, you stink to high heaven right now. I don't wanna get that funk on me, gross.



Honour suddenly had "Chase Off Peeping Sim" in her que and I discover our mailman being a CREEPER! And he continues to do so! Every day he runs over to the window after dropping off the mail to stare into the windows for several minutes before running off.

CREEPY!!!!



Then this ghost randomly floated through the house on the way to the backyard to gather up some butterflies.

No-no, please, just float on through our house like it ain't no thing. *grumble grumble*

-_-*



Jocelyn decided to play with Starlight, though of course that playing would involve some manner of antagonizing.

STARLIGHT - WAT?! What is this light?!



Kensi dressed up as an astronaut and then chatted with people online . . . I like to think he's pretending to talk to Mission Control. :P



CHIMAERA - Wait a moment . . . I'm getting a psychic premonition . . . there are frightening things on the horizon!

Well, given that your evil daughter is sneaking up behind you to scare the crap outta you, I'd have to say that that was accurate.



Then she decided to copy Ichabod and play with her magic wand. Meanwhile Chimaera is spamming attempts to woo-hoo with Honour--in vain, as she's currently busy at the Alchemy station I believe.



At first I thought Eggz had popped into the bathroom . . . .



Then I realized there was now two of the Spring gnomes on the lot! I sold the new one though, we only need one.


Hey look, it's Nermal! Did you forget the Goths had a kitty gnome? Because I did until he suddenly popped up here on the bar. XD



Ugh, I'm still getting kids trick-or-treating in the wrong seasons. Go home Hawk, it's Spring!

HAWK - Well fine, be that way.   D:



ICHABOD - Just keep walking . . . eyes forward . . . no sudden noises . . . . O_o

Icky is still having the misfortune to walk through his parents' bedroom at the most inopportune moments.



Hey Beau!

You know . . . it's impossible to miss you if you don't actually LEAVE . . . .

BEAU - Hey! :(

Seriously, it was the night after he died and he was already out and about.



Picture-proof that his gravestone is out in the cemetery with the others. His has the yellow flowers, and Pongo-or-Perdita gnome in front of it. Caitlyn's is next to his.



Still suffering under the mourning moodlet, Kensington decides that enough is enough and decides to have himself a birthday so he can use the moodlet manager like everyone else.



Because . . . seriously. This gets old. Really fast.



But BAMF! Kensi successfully becomes a HAWT teenager, rolling the Kleptomaniac trait.



KENSI - Hey bro! You know those heir votes you thought you had? Yah, I just stole 'em. Like a bawse.

ICHABOD - *siiiiiigh* FML.



Will Kensington's predictions prove accurate? Can Ichabod compete against his youngest brother's genie powers or his sister's evil good-looks? Find out next time in the final chapter before our Generation Five Heir-Vote! Until then, happy simming!
____________________________



:: SCORECARD ::



Self Wetting : (24) -120
Passing Out : (21) -105
Failing School : (0)
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters : (0)
Accidental Deaths : (0)
Social Worker Visit : (0)
Cheat Penalty : (1) -10



Every Birth : (8) +45
Twins : (2) +20
Triplets : (0)
Fulfilling LTWs : (6) +60 
NTH Spouse Reaching Top of Career : (1) +5
Every Honor Roll : (2) +10
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : (2) +20
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation : (3) +30
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : (3) +60
Painting of Torch Holder (1) : +5



TOTAL = +20 




PREVIOUS                                                      NEXT

7 comments:

  1. Awww bye bye, Beau. You will be missed...when you actually go away for awhile :P

    LOVE Kensi. LOVE HIM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawl! I know, I was like, srsly Beau? You took forever to die, and you're already back to haunting?! And Kensi . . . I have a feeling he's got this heir vote in the bag. :P We'll see tho.

      Delete
  2. I thought it would be a good time to post on one of your blogs. I've caught up with this, pollination, your DITFT and starting on the Disney themed alphabetacy. Not quite game to start your 100BC yet lol.
    But omg, reading these brings a smile to my face and a laugh to life. I have really enjoyed the ride of your blogs, when you update ;), and its given me some much needed drive to get back into my own sims games. I have a very bad habit of making a family, playing for 1 or 2 generations, rarely do I ever make it to 3, before I read a blog, get inspired and create a brand new family. To which the process repeats xD.

    I will almost certainly be voting for Kensi, Mr. Spunk! Lol. I will also be downloading gwen and ev for my game! Such handsome sims. Mine never turn out so beautifully.

    I really look forward to your next updates, for more than just this one. Will you be getting Island Paradise?
    P.S. I ship you and Ashley so hard xD. Ashlyn! She should update more too as I adore her stories as well xD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!! Well I'm glad you've enjoyed all of my craziness! And I don't blame you with the 100 BC, that IS a lot to take in . . . though I've been told it's entertaining, lol. Knowing that I've made you smile and laugh is probably the best compliment I can get, so thanks so much for telling me so. As well as being inspiration for your own games (and I know how it is with wanting to start new families, I have one game that I've been playing in secret and a couple others I want to start . . . XD ).

      I just know Kensi is going to win the next heir vote, lolol. I've been surprised before, but he's got the 'tude and the Genie-ness on his side. I'm definitely getting Island Paradise, more for the building options than the gameplay perse but I'm sure it'll be fun. And LAWL Ashlyn!! I quite enjoy her stuff too, and I agree with you on her updates!!

      Thanks again for reading and letting me know that you are. :D I hope I continue to entertain.

      Delete
  3. Wow... I have to say that Kensi grew up pretty boss... Ugh! Now its going to be hard to pick who to vote for. I like all of them! But I kind of want Chimaera's awesome blue-ish hair to continue on... But I like Kensi, but Icky makes me laugh... Ugh! This shall not be an easy vote...

    R.I.P Beau... At least he's with Caitlyn now...

    -Nate

    PS. I (finally) got around to posting a new Huggs For The Insane, maybe you could check it out and comment

    Also, I don't know if I told you, but I have a dramatic, story type legacy... Maybe if you are interested... You could check it out and comment, telling me what you think..?

    theleelegacy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, I don't envy you guys having to pick an heir for this gen . . . I'd be hard pressed to pick one myself. I have a feeling that Kensi might squeak it out, but you never know. :P Thanks for reading and commenting! :D

      Yay for the update on Huggs, I'll check it out. As for the other, you have mentioned it but I don't usually like the more serious/drama-type stories/legacies. D: Sorry!

      Delete
  4. "FAIRY CHILD - Huuuurrrrr, there's a sparkle in my nose!"

    This really got me for some reason. You capture the pic beautifully.

    Sorry to see Beau go. But once they get over 100, I'm starting to wish for Grim no matter how much I love the sim. In a legacy, you just need the space :(.

    ReplyDelete