Saturday, August 4, 2012

2.7 Day of Dependencies

We're back again for another exciting, action-packed episode of Goth-Sanity! . . . ok, maybe just another episode. I can't really promise delivery on the other parts.

ANYway, we'll start off today with Cassandra and Jarrod having some couples alone-time. After the hectic three-babies mess, it's nice for them to reconnect.


REALLY reconnect. Eh? Eeeeeh? *eyebrow waggle*


Meanwhile Mortimer was chatting up some random people on the computer.


After his wife-time, Jarrod felt the need to go into the study and serenade Mortimer's internet chat time.


Where was Bella during all this?

BELLA - FEETS! I have them. >:D

Uh . . . having a senior citizen moment out in the hot tub.


The next day at work Cassandra reached the CEO position in her career, thus achieving her Lifetime Wish! WOOOO points! +10


Jarrod, why must you risk setting yourself on fire when there are PLENTY of leftovers in the fridge? *siiiigh*


DAPHNE - Oh rats, mom's coming. I'm dead. It's over with. Set my plot up out in the cemetary . . .

Daphne's still in trouble from missing school the other day.


CASS - You're off the hook, sweetie.

DAPHNE - Wait, really? I can go the park now?

Well, not on autonomy, but you're not in trouble anymore at least. :D


Just in time for big brother Beau's teen birthday!


Everybody--including the little boy who came home with one of the girls--turns out to celebrate with him.


Unfortunately the excitement was just too much for Jarrod. You didn't think I'd keep those points for long, did you? XD  -5


I give you teenage Beauregard Goth! He rolled Adventurous for his next trait, hence the tattoo sleeve and the goggles. His t-shirt says Keep Out of Direct Sunlight.


Then everyone took a moment out of the celebration to have a sympathetic thought about the poor bastard passed out on the floor behind them . . . .


DAPHNE - Hey, Beau, d'you think you can read me a bedtime story?

BEAU - I've got a better idea, why don't you just go to bed?

I wish. -_- She was forced to resort to her big brother as both of her parents were asleep by this point, and her grandparents . . . well . . . .


Three guesses as to what they were busy doing . . . XD At least they're in their own bed.


Jarrod decided to wake up in the middle of the night to have his Adult birthday however.


He looks the same, plus a wrinkle or two and a massive Mid-Life Crisis. Bah.


The next morning Jarrod hits the pool the first thing. Perhaps in an attempt to work on his tan. Sorry buddy, Seasons isn't here yet.


Then he went in the bathroom and worried about his ONE wrinkle.


Morty and Bella continue to behave like rabbits. Bella barely lets him put a foot in the door from work before she pounces.


I used Beau's free teen action to show him the drum set I bought him. He strikes me as a drummer. :P


JARROD - Why can't you go to sleep without a bedtime story, Daph? Your sister manages just fine.

DAPHNE - You know, it's not the greatest idea to compare twins like this, daddy. You might end up giving one of us a complex . . .


Suddenly, KITTY BIRTHDAY! It's time for Cuddlebones to become an elder already.


He didn't change much, though. So yay. <3


DIERDRE - I'm ready for my bedtime story, Grams.

BELLA - Dierdre? I thought Daphne was the one with a story-complex? And you know this is your parents' bed right?


DIERDRE - Sooo sleeeeepy doo-dee-dooooooo.

*fume*


The inevitable outcome. *siiiiigh* -5

It's here that I'm implementing a new rule. I consider the CONSTANT 'Ask for Bedtime Story' spam to be bad programming/a glitch. Every once in a while is fine, ALL THE TIME over and over again until they pass out is ridiculous. Especially when they won't go to their own bed. So from now on if a child has the 'Ask for Bedtime Story' in their que, I will take that as the game trying to send them to bed and I will do so myself. >_<

Probably cheating, but I don't care. I have enough fails without it.


CASS - That sandwich was delicious . . .

Random thoughts aside, Cassandra is on her way to the Business building to buy a partnership. I have plans of owning it eventually and renaming it Goth Towers, like she wanted to in her childhood. :P


Thanks to her job Cassandra is a four level celebrity now. The maid asks for a cellphone pic, which Cass was all too happy to provide.


Bella is . . . developing an interesting skill? Mixing drinks behind your back? Breaking your arms in increasingly horrifying ways?


A large chuck of the family all sitting together at the table. A rare happening.


The computer has become quite popular, lately. The kids have their very own playground outside and Daphne would still rather play Need for Speed. True to real life, I suppose.


Jarrod found the drum set outside as well. He is excited. :D


DANGIT!!! If you guys are gonna woo-hoo like bunnies, the least you could do is do it in YOUR OWN BED.


And at the VERY least, you could manage to take care of your pressing bodily functions FIRST. -5


At least Dierdre is playing on the playground. Unfortunately it's around midnight right now.


Beau! You have your very own drum set! Stop wasting time on the computer!

... Whoa. I just sounded like my own mother. Scary.


Cassandra had an opportunity to have a drink at the Prosper Room, so I sent her on one of her evenings off. Here she is asking Mr. Serious Face Bouncer for entry. She got in.


The bartender managed to drop a couple of bottles in the process of making the drink.


But in the end Cassandra got her drink and her simoleon pay-out for drinking it. Win-win.


YAY Beau! That's what I'm talking about! Autonomous drum playing. :D


And then when he got up to pee, the drums . . . kept playing . . . on their own . . . . *twilight zone theme music*


The ghosts still appear pretty much every night, but since they don't do anything interesting I've stopped taking pics for the most part. Still, Rufus!! I couldn't resist. Simon and Jacosta are there in the background.


I'm also attempting to get the heart cut for gems, so I've been sending Cassandra out gem hunting on her days off. It's been very slow going. I've found a ton of gems, but it still only lists as finding 36%? And I think I need 10 different kinds? Bah.


On my journies, I saw that the Isle of Misfit Furniture was still present. It HAS to be junkyard spawners, but there's no lot there anymore and no spawners that I can tell.


I finally put a residential lot in that spot and it deleted them. XD We'll see if they start popping back up again this time . . .


And we'll leave you today with the arrival of my very first kitty gnome! Thanks to 2oo92's suggestion, he has been named Nermal. :D


That's it for this installment! Join us next time for the girls' next birthday, prom and even MOAR fails! XD Til then, happy simming!



:: SCORECARD ::




Self Wetting :
-30
Passing Out :
-65
Failing School :

Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters :

Accidental Deaths :

Social Worker Visit :



Every Birth :
+15
Twins :
+10
Triplets :

Fulfilling LTWs
: +30 
NTH Spouse Reaching Top of Career :

Every Honor Roll :
+5
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation :
+10
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation :

Every 100,000 simoleons earned :
+20
Painting of Torch Holder :





TOTAL = -5
 




PREVIOUS                                                           NEXT

5 comments:

  1. LMAO! Nermal! <3 BUUUT way before that, all the fun passing out times >.<! Ugh I hate that myself, and I like your new rule about the bedtime story crap! Seriously it has to be a game thing, but in the Thrill house the kiddos do it as well... I just wish they'd effen eat and sleep, I don't care if they never bathe... at least it won't get me in the red! HAHAHAHA! x3

    Bella and Morty sitting in Cassie's bed,
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G...
    OH and other things!

    Those are, so young at heart, even I am jealous of their infectious affections! xD

    I think I am a MAJOR fan of the Misfit Furniture lot... though RIP MFL... <3 you'll always be loved by me! Haha I have no idea where it comes from either, but I hope it wasn't something bad for your save either! :3

    GREAT update hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nermal is SOOOO CUTE he has a couple more shots coming up that I'm excited for you to see. I hate to use that whole Bedtime Story work-around cause I feel like cheating, but it's become less of a minor annoyance and more of a major game glitch to me.

      Bell and Mortimer's continuing bunny-ness just makes me laugh. Except when I'm yelling at them for taking over Cassandra's bed. XD

      I was sad to see the Island of Misfit Furniture go as well, but I was afraid that it WOULD start messing up my game if I left it alone. Lol Thankies!! And thanks so much for reading and commenting! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love this. Your writing style is awesome, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! Thanks a lot, and thanks for reading and commenting. :D

      Delete
  3. I love this! Finally finished, I told you I'd catch up!
    I love Cuddlebones XD He is adorable. I miss Pets ._.
    Gotta love all of the fails! I went a few chapters with very little failure and was all excited thinking I'd actually be in the green... but ended up WAY negative which you'll see eventually.
    I hate the Ask For Bedtime Story interaction, as well as the IFs. I mean, the IFs are nice when it comes to playing after skills are done, but they always interrupt homework and wake them up, and go into doll-form in front of doors or stairs -.- I hate it!
    Can't wait for the next update :)

    ReplyDelete