Thursday, August 2, 2012

2.6 Problematic Plumbing and More

Welcome back everyone to another exciting episode of Goth-Sanity! 

First off, big-big-big affectionate hugs and thank-yous to the awesome Jessu who made me some banners for this blog. *HUGS*

We'll start today with the adorable Daphne having some fun play-time in the toy box. Precious.



BEAU - OMG you smell, gramma!

BELLA - You don't smell too fresh yourself there, champ. >:P

Like Grandma, like grandson I suppose. Both Bella and Beau refuse to take baths. -_-


That evening Bells eventually made her way out to the juice bar.

BELLA - Hey there, you come here often?

MR. TUMNUS - *zzzzz*


Nothing like a big tall glass of juice to help drown one's sorrows. Not that Bella has any. She's a generally chipper and happy-go-lucky sim.


Beauregard decided to ask Grampa for a bedtime story. Unfortunately he tried to go to sleep in his parents' bed. That didn't work out so well. He's also starving . . .


After getting right back up and then eating a snack, he asked someone else for a bedtime story. At least he went to his own bed this time.


DOUCHE MAID - Why is this cheap sink spraying water all over me?! UGH!

Well maybe if you weren't trying to brush your teeth on the job you wouldn't have this problem . . . >:[


After that he decided to eat a bowl of cereal. And then he charged me 125 simoleons and left. You're cruising for a one-way-trip into a windowless, doorless box with only a Cowplant for company . . . .

Also in this shot you can see Beau doing homework, making a simmer proud. Also, Cassandra is working on talking with Daphne there in the background. We might get one of the twins trained before their birthday at least.


All the plumbing in the house is on strike. This is only the first of many this chapter as you'll see. It might be pointless while the sink is still broken, but it made me proud that Beau was trying to help with the clean up.

I dub this repairguy Short-Order-Cook, btw.


Bella and Mortimer are still lovin' up on each other all the time, despite Bella's perpetual stink cloud.


Talking all done, Cass and Daphne moved on to walking.


Seriously. These two act as if there aren't any fun objects on the lot. They'd rather woo-hoo 24-7.


Which wouldn't be so terrible if they'd STAY IN THEIR OWN BED. -_-*


Jarrod? Are you gonna play your guitar at all?

JARROD - Shh! This is my favorite part!

Ooookay . . .


I got tired of making Cassandra garden when it did nothing for her, so I went ahead and deleted Mortimer's garden and replaced it with a little playground for the kids.


Beau was having such fun on the swings that mama finally had to go find him and tell him to go to bed.

BEAU - But I'm not-- *yaaaawn* --sleepy, mom!

CASS - Uh-huh. Bed now, mister.


Yay Jarrod!


BELLA - Hello, Sunset Valley High School? Yeah, I've decided I want to retire. There's no way in plumbobs I'll ever reach the top of this career and I can't seem to learn how to go to sleep at regular hours so I'm constantly threatening fails. So, byebye!

True story.


CONFETTI!


BELLA - Yay! Now I can wander around the house and do whatever I want again!

I believe she retired at the Middle School Teacher level. So she gets like . . . 20 simoleons a day in retirement, lolz. Morty still brings in almost 2k a day when he goes to work though, so it's all good.


See what I mean about them not being able to go to sleep? Unfortunately Mortimer still has to go to work today. Hopefully he'll take the Goth-Mobile I stuck in his inventory.


Cassandra has been earning steady promotions herself. I believe she's up to the Division Manager level now.


Not only did this jerk mail man throw our mail on the ground, but he followed that up by kicking our trash-can over. What GIVES, buddy?! You best be glad that Rufus is gone now, he'd be all over you. >:[


Morty didn't take the Goth Mobile to work. :( He managed to get to the science facility but passed out before he got inside. -5


That afternoon it was time for the twins to have their childhood birthdays. Daphne goes first, being the eldest. She actually managed to finish all of her toddler skills, so she gets to roll for her trait.


Everyone but Jarrod--who's at work--turns out to cheer her on.


Next is Dierdre, who only got to finish her potty training so her trait will be locked in. D:


DAPHNE - I am suspicious.

Of what? O_o

Despite her suspicions Daphne successfully transitioned into a child, rolling the Lucky trait.


Meanwhile Dierdre also became a child, still identical to her twin and with the Light Sleeper trait locked in.


Dierdre manages to bust one of the showers right off. :( Poor thing.


Bella randomly decided to go swimming that night, even though she was desperately in need to use the bathroom . . .


Luckily she only stayed for a minute before she got back out to pee. And then Short-Order-Cook Repair Guy walked in on her intent on fixing the broken tub . . . .


DAPHNE - Lo! I spy fails off the port bow!

Don't jinx me. -_-


Beauregard decided to watch Cuddlebones play with his catnip mouse, rather than take a much needed shower.


JARROD - That plate of waffles was just *sniffle* so delicious! *wibble* And heart-warming!

Ooookay . . . .


After that little emotional interlude, Jarrod got back to doing what he does best--jamming on his guitar.


Yay Dierdre! Autonomous homework! Her twin Daphne can't be bothered with that nonsense, apparently.


CUDDLEBONES - *zzz* Fishies! I will gets uuuuu! *stretch* *zzz*


Yet ANOTHER broken tub/sink/toilet. Seriously, they're all breaking at the same time.


DAPHNE - Man, I'm really REALLY hungry . . .

Then why are you getting into the pool?!


Meanwhile it was time for Cassandra to have her Adult birthday.


Dierdre was the only one who managed to give a crap, unfortunately. Cassandra doesn't change much, anyway, except for a heaping helping of Mid-Life Crisis. XD


Three generations of Goth women all together . . . I'm pretty sure Daphne is trying to corner one of them for a bedtime story. She's completely incapable of going to sleep without one.


Mortimer was enjoying himself a nice, long soak in the hot tub. Ignorance is bliss after all.


No Bella, stop bugging the Repair Guy and let him fix all the plumbing that's currently pouring water all over the house. -_-


CASS - Alright guys, bedtime. 

BEAU - Oh, whew. I was afraid you were about to tell me to get a bath. I could have DROWNED you know.

DIERDRE - ....


True to form, Daphne refuses to go to bed without asking someone for a story. Why she decided to target the repair guy, I don't know, unless it was just to annoy me. Of course he never got around to reading her to sleep, nor did he actually FIX anything, charging me 50 simoleons for a whole lot of nothing.


Jarrod also decided he didn't want to come home that night from work, hanging outside the theater playing for tips instead. O_o


DAPHNE - Hey, gramma! What's up?

BELLA - You want ANOTHER story? Isn't this the fifth time, now?

Yes. -_- And she still won't GO TO SLEEP.


When she started to try and get into her parents' bed I finally had enough and used her one freebie action to send her to bed. XP


This picture is all kinds of wrong. She's about to pee herself, while standing next to a (currently nasty) toilet, still holding her waffles . . . . Only Bella.


At least someone's getting some enjoyment from one of the SEVERAL broken tubs/showers/sinks.


DAPHNE - So, school is in an hour and I never went to sleep . . . that's probably not gonna end well, huh Grams?

No, no it's not . . . -_-


She was half-way to school before getting off the bus to pass out. *siiiiiiigh* -5


Luckily she came home on her own, but as soon as she did she was que'd to be scolded.

DAPHNE - Fiddlesticks . . .


Grandma Bella got chosen for the scolding duty.

DAPHNE - Holy frack, Grams! Don't lose your temper, it's just one day!


She was about to go to sleep . . . and then this random stray decided to kick off on the front lawn and she went outside to mourn it instead. >_<


GRIM - Meeeoooooow! HISS HISS! Meeeeeooooooow!

O_O


So of course, this happened shortly afterward. UGH  -5


No Mortimer! She doesn't need to have a chat, she needs to GO TO SLEEP!


As soon as Cassandra got home from work she laid down the law. Thankfully Daphne finally went to bed without demanding a bedtime story. -_-


Well, I'm happy that Prudence managed to stay on the graveyard lot . . . unfortunately it's 4 in the afternoon . . . *resetsim*


Aaaand why is there a random stray running through the house? Has the whole of Sunset Valley gone mad while I wasn't looking?


Tune in next time to see if the craziness continues. More fails? Absolutely. Until then, happy simming!


:: SCORECARD ::




Self Wetting : -25
Passing Out : -55
Failing School :
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters :
Accidental Deaths :
Social Worker Visit :


Every Birth : +15
Twins : +10
Triplets :
Fulfilling LTWs : +20 
NTH Spouse Reaching Top of Career :
Every Honor Roll : +5
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : +10
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation :
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : +20
Painting of Torch Holder :




TOTAL = O 


PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

3 comments:

  1. OMFG... I love this! >.< I think I picked out my favorite line too!

    "After that he decided to eat a bowl of cereal. And then he charged me 125 simoleons and left. You're cruising for a one-way-trip into a windowless, doorless box with only a Cowplant for company . . . ."

    I love this idea! I neeeed to see you do this so badly LOL! xD And what a great episode! I feel so bad that I used "episode" for mine today! Almost ESPLIKE LYNN! ALMOST! /creeep~

    I am definitely glad I am not alone now that I have read this installment... especially with the kids and their bedtime stories... I had a bout of horrible children in the Thrills that just refused to sleep.... so I had to use my freebies on them too and then torture their IFs ~___~; hopefully that'll be in the next few updates... bah!

    BTW you are most welcome my dear, for the banners! I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing stuff for you! You are like myyyy sim muuuuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're locking him in a box with a cowplant make sure there is shower in there. Cowplants don't like stinky sims. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Duely noted. :D Thanks for the advice.

      Delete