Saturday, May 18, 2013

4.4 Spooky-Day Goth-Style

Hey, lookit! It's a Goth-Sanity update! I've really been slacking on this ISBI, I apologize for that. Computer issues and distractions helped it along, but no longer! At least for the time being.  

Let's have a quick recap for those who might have forgotten some details : We're currently in the middle of Generation 4 of this unstoppable fail-machine, led by our current Torch-Holder Honour Goth. Honour is a Renaissance Sim out to max 3 skills amidst being bat-crap-crazy. She's married to her Genie-Love-Bug Chimaera Thrill-Goth, and together they have three children ; Ichabod, Jocelyn and Kensington.

We'll start off today with Honour's mom Caitlyn and Chimaera simultaneously getting off work--they both work in the Fortune Teller career. Felix is also apparently working there, even though he's supposed to be a Ghost Hunter for his LTW. -_-



The reason why I was suddenly viewing these events was because my camera was unceremoniously yanked out to the Fortune Teller Wagon against my will. Because at last--after years of complaining about all the deaths she'd witnessed--it was finally time for Caitlyn to ruin someone else's day.

CHIMAERA - I am oblivious to anything out of the ordinary.



CAITLYN - Seriously? I'm a ghost. I'm SEE-THROUGH! You're telling me you don't notice this?!

CHIMAERA - *still oblivious*

FELIX - Why is everybody standing in my way?!

This is all because of the horrible, awful, ridiculous lag I was suffering under--part of the reason why I stopped playing for so long. Caitlyn's whole death sequence took FOREVER. As in, almost all flipping night long.



RANDOM FAIRY #1 - Hey . . . I have an idea that something's not right . . .

CAITLYN - No sh*t.

RANDOM FAIRY #2 - Oh gross, dude you stink.

CHIMAERA - I just realized my mother-in-law is dying! BAWWWW



FELIX - Nuuuuuuuu! Not my mommy!!!!

Well it's about time the rest of you caught up to current events.



CHIMAERA - And now there's a floating scythe?! What the hell!?!?!?!

CAITLYN - Oh, I see how it is. Even the Grim Reaper can't be bothered to give a crap about my death. Awesome.

The game was lagging so bad that Grim wouldn't even render/appear. Just his scythe.



CAITLYN - You can't DO THIS to me! I deserve a more dignified end! I demand a do-over!

GRIM-SCYTHE - We're sorry, the Grim you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave your name and number after the beep, and someone will get back to you shortly . . . . *BEEEEEEEEEP*

CAITLYN - FML

Since Cait didn't come anywhere near fulfilling her Lifetime Wish, though otherwise fairly happy, she gets the middle-level gravestone.



Back home, Beau suddenly becomes aware of a disturbance in the force.

BEAU - What the sh*t?! My wife just DIED?!

Afraid so, buddy. :(

BEAU - Not cool!



HONOUR - The death of my mommy fills me with uncomfortable feels. I will kill them with this big blue button of doom.

Our TH goes around the house making sure the adults aren't suffering under two days of sobfest.



His mind and heart wiped of the pain and heartache, Beauregard goes to the computer to start chatting up singles instead.

And it was here that I left off playing for the duration.



With the addition of University Life, a new computer and an unfortunate loss of a lot of my custom content, the Goth Manor and some of the sims within get a bit of a make-over.

Honour's everyday outfit wasn't lost, but I decided I liked this one from the Uni EP better. The loss of content sucks, but the game runs 100000x better so I got over it pretty quick.



Used to, the sims would stand around for hours doing absolutely nothing. Now I have the opposite problem - they're so active that I can't keep up with them all. 

For example, Honour managed to sneak off and Ice Blast the sink while I was briefly distracted by something else. 

HONOUR - I R MAGIC!

Yes, and you just broke the sink. Nice going there, genius. -_-*



Chimaera decided one of his first actions would be to drop-kick poor Mr. Tumnus the Freezer-Bunny-Gnome. D:



Not long after game-play resumed, we got our visit from the Llama Mascot. Who apparently has the hots for Beau . . .



I'm quite fond of the romantic cell-phone picture action. Even more that it gives you an actual picture you can hang on the wall.



I also LOVE the Heat of the Moment kiss interaction. I find myself using it all the time. XD





ICHABOD - No-no, please. Continue snogging each other. Give no consideration for your impressionable and easily mentally-scarred son, over here. Just putting away my dirty dishes, heed me no mind.

This charming little fellow is Honour and Chi's first-born Ichabod Goth, whom I like to nickname Icky despite his distinct hatred of it. To recap, he's a Witch like mommy, born with the Friendly and Loves the Heat traits and gained Virtuoso when he aged up to a child.



JOCELYN - . . . were you paying attention to someone other than myself? . . . I will remember this betrayal.

This charming little 'angel' is their second-born, Jocelyn Goth. Joce is an Evil Couch Potato who--according to my mods--is technically both a Genie AND a Witch, though she only seems to have access to her Witch abilities in-game.



KENSINGTON - *baby coo-gurgle*

And last but not leastly, this cute little worm is the youngest of Generation 5, Kensington Goth, nicknamed Kensi. He's an Artistic Genius, and unlike his siblings, successfully inherited his father's Genie abilities.



Cornelia makes an appearance that night, giving the game system a work-out.



BEAU - *tickle*

JOCELYN - Yes, grandfather! Shower me with attention! I will remember this day when I dominate all life.



Also, not to be forgotten is the current Goth family pet - a cutey Bombay cat named Starlight.



The other household staple is our indentured servant, Bonehilda. Who's currently being forced to clean up the mess that Honour and her magic shenanigans left behind . . .



No sooner had she finished with that, then Beau broke the dishwasher and caused yet another mess to clean.

BONEHILDA - I'd wish for death, but I'm already dead . . . ;_;

Pfft. You don't fool me. If you left this house, what other chance would you have to creep on little sim babies?



Speaking of sim babies . . .

JOCELYN - Do not test me, minion. You cannot even begin to fathom the depths of my creativity and depravity. For instance, your vulnerable little plastic head? I will BITE IT OFF, so help me.



Honour had to interrupt doll-time in order to get Joce's final skill taught.

JOCELYN - Shovels! Yes! Excellent, they're perfect for hiding the bodies, great thinking mommy!

HONOUR - . . . you're welcome?



If Beau isn't cleaning something or playing with the babies, he's on the computer or playing video-games. He's already level 4 or 5 in the Nerd social group. I kind of wish there was a way to disable that, I don't want ALL of my sims to be Nerds . . . .



Bonehilda takes out her frustrations with the family on those too helpless to fight back . . .

MR. TUMNUS - Oh, come on!



CHIMAERA - Why is she ALWAYS hogging the babies?!

I dunno, Chi. Babies are her addiction.



STARLIGHT - *high-pitched-alien-screech* I THINK DIS IZ A GENIE.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!



CHIMAERA - Oh SWEET! I just got a text invitation to a party! Score!

BONEHILDA - Too bad you can't actually go to it. You fail.

CHIMAERA - D:



Later on, Chimaera drowns his sorrows in a bowl of cereal while Ichabod works on his homework. And Bonehilda goes back for another round with Kensi . . .



Ichabod quite enjoys playing on the rocking horse.



Meanwhile our Torch-Holder-ess has been working on that painting skill in between toddler/baby-care. Honour's paintings are always . . . so unique . . . .



That night it was both a full moon AND Spooky-Day. This zombie here is actually Honour's eldest brother Everett--with some really screwed up hair, lawl. I fixed it the next day.



Chimaera cornered his father-in-law for some riveting conversation.

CHIMAERA - I love the night-timez. What about you?

BEAU - *Just smile and nod*



Then Chi got distracted by his little blue-haired princess.

JOCELYN - Daddy loves me best, of course.

Of course.



ICHABOD - Hey dad, d'you think you could read me a bedtime story--.

JOCELYN - Away with you, fool! I have a monopoly on Daddy-Time! Begone before I have you slain and fed to the zombies!

Needless to day, Icky didn't get that bedtime story.



Speaking of zombies though . . . we had a couple crop up on the lawn that night. Honour had a wish to try out that Ice Blast spell again, so I indulged her . . . .



ZOMBIE - . . . this sux.

The spell was successful. :)



Chimaera is dreaming of a bed because he's currently spamming Honour with requests to go woo-hoo. Then again, with his wife prancing around the house in nothing but a skimpy bikini, I can't really blame the poor guy.



Caitlyn makes her first haunting! Her first order of business was to sit down and ponder life . . . or the after-life, rather. In the background we can see that Cassandra has also come out to visit.

Fittingly for a full moon and Spooky-Day, it was a full roster of ghostly visitations that night.



Mortimer was the next to arrive, letting his grandaughter-in-law know in no uncertain terms that he was not a fan.



Chimaera was doing the same to Cassandra. Dangerous territory, that. You might wanna watch yourself, Chi.



Then it was Jarrod's turn to appear.



I had to laugh when Caitlyn got up from her brooding to go scare Mortimer. I can only assume she was getting back at him for sneering at her, since she doesn't have anything close to the Evil or Mean-Spirited traits.

MORTIMER - AHHH! . . . My ectoplasm just leaked!

CAITLYN - Serves you right, ass.




Jarrod left the other ghosts to their drama, spending his night playing Need for Speed on the computer.

 
Caitlyn found the bar and shared a drink or two with Pongo/or/Perdita and Mr. Tumnus.



And Mortimer continued the time-honored male Goth tradition of relaxing in the hot tub.



While Cassandra sat down to a rousing game with her son.

CASSANDRA - You better not be cheating over there, Beauregard. I don't care if I'm dead and you're an old man, I will STILL put you over my knee in a heartbeat!



It was a true credit to my new computer that my game didn't explode from all that activity. Happily we survived it intact, and the next morning it was time for the youngest of the brood to leave worm-hood behind. Daddy Chi was at work and Icky was at school, but mom cheers him on while grandpa Beau does the honors.



KENSI - Herp.



Little Kensington grows up ADORABLY, with his grandpa Beau's black hair and his mama's purple eyes to go with his father's pale skin tone. As you can see, Honour is quite happy with how her youngest has turned out so far.

HONOUR - Babyyyyy hairrrrrr . . . *sniiiiiiiiiiiiiif*

Oooookay then.



Kensi is, of course, immediately taken to the potty to get started on the first of his must-have skills. He's concentrating hard, for sure, but that expression is also due to the fact that his crazy mother is currently trying to choke herself out as well . . .



KENSI - Hello, sister.

JOCELYN - . . . . hello, nemesis.

Uh oh, I sense Jocelyn will not take well to this newest form of competition for attention . . .



Before we leave for the day, let's have a bevy of spare's updates, shall we?

This lovely here is Everett's only child and daughter Lola, now in her teen stage.



This beauty is Felix and Raven eldest daughter, Sparrow, also in her teen stage.



Felix and Raven's second-born daughter Nightingale has also reached teen-status.



And their youngest and last child, a son named Hawk, has become a child.



Meanwhile Gwendolyn and her husband Zack have a trio of their own, now. Their eldest daughter Samantha is now a child.



Their second-born, another daughter named Christina, has reached her toddler-hood. Their last, yet another girl named Tabitha, is still in her infant-worm stage.



And finally, Honour's twin Henrietta managed to have a baby of her own, a son named Harold who's recently made it up to childhood.



Welp, that's it for this long-overdue installment! So sorry for the huge delays lately, I'm hoping to be able to keep up a little better going forward. Thanks to the new computer, we don't seem to have any fails this chapter--though we didn't earn any points either. 

Join us next time to see if we can change that! Until then, happy simming!

_______________



:: SCORECARD ::



Self Wetting : (23) -115
Passing Out : (21) - 105
Failing School : (0)
Game-Forced visit from Police, Firefighters or Babysitters : (0)
Accidental Deaths : (0)
Social Worker Visit : (0)
Cheat Penalty : (1) -10



Every Birth : (8) +45
Twins : (2) +20
Triplets : (0)
Fulfilling LTWs : (5) +50 
NTH Spouse Reaching Top of Career : (1) +5
Every Honor Roll : (1) +5
Randomizing every LTW and trait for an entire generation : (2) +20
Not Using Spares Lifetime Happiness points for an entire generation : (3) +30
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : (3) +60
Painting of Torch Holder (1) : +5



TOTAL = 0 




PREVIOUS                                                      NEXT

4 comments:

  1. Thou art back!!! *dies of joy* *revives* Whiew. Lucky I'm a cat. Loved it! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D ! I'm glad you enjoyed! (and revived yourself, :P ) Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Yaaay!! I looooove Kensington. He's so freaking cute. Poor little Icky seems to be getting a little neglected, though :( Love the fact that you had a full moon on Spooky Day where ghosts came out in full swing, AND that Caitlyn's ghost scared Mortimer's ghost, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite partial to Kensi's looks too, he's definitely an adorable one. Poor Ichabod does seem to be in the background a lot, but I think he's gonna make up for that in his teens. ;) I loved the full moon on Spooky-Day too, it was some awesome atmosphere. Ty for commenting! <3

      Delete